UBS Financial Services VMWARE Domain Service Ops Expert in Zürich, Switzerland
Are you adept at implementing system changes? Do you know how to work effectively with numerous technical teams to improve core infrastructure? We’re looking for someone like that who can help us to:
– monitor usage and performance, and troubleshoot server, software, and hardware issues
– analyze complexity and feasibility of new or changed requirements
– within specified architecture, define platform requirement sizing, network and controlling components, and system software
– plan, evaluate, migrate, develop, implement, configure, test and roll out systems (hardware or software, networks, controls)
– analyze outages and defective states, initiating and monitoring measures to remedy them
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the END USER SERVICES team in Zurich. We are responsible for L3 operation support for the core infrastructure for the bank where the user Virtual desktop are hosted
Your experience and skills:
– a university degree computer science, management information systems or professional certifications
– a background in the financial industry, or similar enterprise
– 5+ years' experience with products like VMware ESXi, ESX 5.x, vCenter 5.x, Vmware vsphere. This experience should include the planning, deployment, configuration and administration of host systems and virtual machines
- experience with automated management of VMware infrastructure, including VM deployment, VM Post Deployment, configuration snapshots, reconfigure VMs, automated changes to infrastructure configurations and VM policies, etc.
– Knowledge of storage concepts: vSAN, NAS, RAID, Storage Groups, volumes etc.
– Solid foundational knowledge in server, networking, archiving, security and storage disciplines
– Must possess system-level knowledge of the underlying operating system (Windows, UNIX)
– Knowledge of ITIL/ITSM service management practices, specifically incident management, change management and problem management
– Proven experience with PowerShell Scripting: Use PowerShell to automate repetitive tasks, fix issues, simplify complex processes and produce reports.
- Experience with Virtual Machine Buildout and Configuration to Secure Baseline Configuration (SBC) Security Compliance Standards Automated task with PowerShell
– Configuration/operability of Dell & HP hardware. Must have worked on blade chassis with particular attention to switch configuration and the network fundamentals behind LACP and LAG configuration.
- Proven experience with ESXi VM Host Cluster Buildout, patching, and management Automated configuration of VM Host Builds with PowerShell and Plink script
– Proven experience working with VMware ESXi 5.x, 6.X on virtual desktop infrastructure. Excellent practical knowledge of vMotion, DRS, VMware HA/Clustering, Host Isolation, Virtual Center, SRM and vRops
– Experience on VDI environment will be an added advantage.
– Troubleshooting vSphere performance issues with vRops. Has prepared dashboards on vrops.
– analytical and logical (you can solve problems like nobody’s business)
– an excellent communicator, with strong interpersonal skills
– motivated, self-directed and driven
– Good in creating end to end documentation.
– fluent in English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 171185BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: VMWARE Domain Service Ops Expert
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Switzerland - Zürich
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)