UBS Financial Services VMware / Cloud System Engineer in Zürich, Switzerland
You are an experienced VMware Administrator? You know how to maintain large virtualized environments? You are experienced in VMware Site Recovery Manager or HPE CSA? We're looking for someone like you to:
– Become subject matter expert in enterprise virtualization area
– Manage and support the VMWare / Cloud service end to end
– Manage and support the various tools used for the virtualization infrastructure like VMware Site Recovery Manager, HPE CSA (complete Suite)
– Installing, configuring, testing and maintaining systems, application software and infrastructure management tools
– Coordination of maintenance activities with all relevant stakeholders
– Coordination of our involvement certain IT projects
– Ensure highest availability of our virtualization infrastructure
– OnCall for virtualization infrastructure services
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
HR - Iga Przewlocka-Bhatia - email@example.com
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You'll be working in the Virtual Infrastructure Service Management team in Zurich. Your role is to support the virtualization infrastructure service and coordination of maintenance activities and our involvement in certain IT projects. You'll be joining highly skilled team supporting virtualization infrastructure globally with a great team spirit and collaboration.
Your experience and skills:
– Administration and management of virtualization infrastructure VMware of the SWISS region for IB, WMSB, and WM EMEA division (approx. 1100 ESX Hosts and 17000 VMs)
– Implementation, management, and administration of IaaS / Cloud Infrastructure Matrix including HP CSA, MM, and Operation Orchestrator
– Support and carrying out maintenance activities like patching, systems upgrades, risk remediation work and storage performance analysis on ESX and storage side (3PAR, Netapp)
– Good and deep knowledge of different storage architectures (SAN/Block and NAS/File) in general, ensure usage and implementation of storage infrastructure according best-practice
– Close cooperation with partner platform teams (DB, Unix, Wintel, Storage and Backup)
– Performing new installation and upgrades (release cycle) for virtual infrastructure like VMware VSphere 5.5 to 6.0
– Configuration and administration using virtualization applications, troubleshooting, and capacity planning for virtualization applications
– Assisting with scripting (reporting and automation) of the virtualization environment
– Participation in project work and activities
– Capacity and performance analysis, managing, and reporting
– Documentation of operational documentation and technical procedures
– VM provisioning and changes
– Performing P2V and V2V migrations
– Manage large global VMWare environment as part of a global service delivery team
– Close work with engineering group to bring environment to standard
– Developing scripts to report and solve operational problems
– Installation, management, administration, and maintenance of HP & DELL blades and chassis
– Administration and management of HP 3PAR Storage
– Certifications (VCP6.0 or higher, 3PAR or other storage technologies) is a plus
– Understanding of ITIL processes (Incident, Problem, Change Management)
– fluent in written and verbal English and German
– a strong written and verbal communicator, comfortable interacting with colleagues at all levels
– known for hitting deadlines and staying within the plan
– willing to learn and take the extra mile
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 167327BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: VMware / Cloud System Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Switzerland - Zürich
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)