UBS Financial Services Technology Software Engineer – Card Banking in Zürich, Switzerland
Are you an enthusiastic and passionate Java developer? Do you like to deliver leading edge solutions as a technology professional? Are you excited about seeking an enriching career; working for one of finest financial institutions in world? If so, you are the right person for this role. We’re seeking for technology leaders to join our delivery team within WMPC Card and Trade Finance.
We are looking for someone who can:
bring expert knowledge of Java development and underlying system architecture and integration with databases and applications
collaborate across different IT teams to build software components
review the quality of development deliverables
work closely with other software architects to enhance the current application landscape and bring new applications alive
support the team in resolving high-priority defects
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
UBS HR Recruiting Switzerland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Delivery Card and trade Finance, located in Zürich. Within the team, we analyze, develop, and deliver new solutions and also maintain or change current systems together with our business counterparts. Your role will be to collaborate and challenge business on respective requirements in order to ensure stable and efficient IT business solutions.
Your experience and skills:
– a good knowledge base in financial services – Card, Trade Finance or Credit products
– at a minimum, a degree level qualification
– several years of experience pre-dominantly in software delivery in web based solutions
– an analytical mindset, strong architectural and design experience with central solutions
– extensive hands-on Java development experience and experience with user centric design methodology
– proven experience of leading and managing the technical delivery of innovative solutions in agile and waterfall oriented teams
– excellent interpersonal skills to form productive and collaborative cross-team relationships
– experience in designing and documenting technical solutions in a clear, concise, complete and structured manner
– worked in an Agile environment and with SDLC
– experience with core technologies related to Java; Spring (core, security, MCV), Tomcat, Apache CXF (SOAP) REST along with DEV tools Eclipse, Toad and or SoapUI
– passionate in playing a major development role in the future landscape of IT systems and applications
– interested and have an appreciation for code development and system architecture
– positive, adaptable and able to work across teams
– Fluent in German (C1 Level) and intermediate in English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 175497BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Technology Software Engineer – Card Banking
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Switzerland - Zürich
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)