UBS Financial Services Sr. Financial Accounting and Reporting Specialist – Group Finance in Zürich, Switzerland
Are you a financial accountant with a strong conceptual understanding and an analytical mindset? Do you have the know-how for analyzing complex financial information? We’re looking for someone like that to help us:
– compile and analyze financial and regulatory information
– contribute to internal reporting products that serve as control and governance documentation to support our external financial and regulatory reporting in a multi-GAAP environment
– ensure compliance with UBS accounting policies, data standards and process requirements
– drive continuous improvement, and contribute to the implementation of accounting & regulatory as well as reporting infrastructure change projects
– respond to ad-hoc requests from senior management
– work closely with other finance teams globally to ensure delivery of robust financial information
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You will be working in the Group Accounting, Controlling & Policy team in Zurich. We are responsible for the preparation and analysis of information in the UBS Financial Statements, ensuring compliance with IFRS and other relevant requirements, with the objective of achieving best in class financial reporting. We are also responsible for the preparation of Group and standalone regulatory reporting, including those related to capital adequacy and liquidity and funding, to our primary regulators FINMA and the SNB, as well as establishment of internal accounting control documentation for senior management. By ensuring that UBS's quarterly and annual reporting products as well as regulatory reporting are accurate and of the highest quality, the team plays a vital role in protecting the firm's financial reputation, ensuring compliance with international and regulatory requirements thereby enhancing the firm's standing with its stakeholders and within the financial industry as a whole.
Your experience and skills:
– a university or similar degree in finance and/or a qualified accountant certification or equivalent degree
– solid working experience in a financial reporting or regulatory reporting capacity, ideally at a bank, or you have gained similar experience through working for an audit/consulting company
– strong understanding of IFRS and/ or US GAAP
– Swiss GAAP (Swiss Federal banking law), equivalent GAAP and/ or experience with relevant Basel III regulations (would be beneficial but is not required)
– a controller and analytical mindset
– strong MS Office (required) and SAP Business Warehouse / Analysis or similar tool skills (beneficial)
– fluent in English (required) and German (beneficial)
– methodical, concise and accurate
– committed with a professional, pro-active and positive attitude
– able to apply technical understanding to practical problems
– a strong and assertive communicator and comfortable interacting with counterparts at all levels
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 168440BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Sr. Financial Accounting and Reporting Specialist – Group Finance
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Switzerland - Zürich
Function Category: Finance