UBS Financial Services Software Engineer - Java in Zürich, Switzerland
Are you passionate about building robust and scalable java applications? Do you have a curious nature, always interested in how to innovate? We’re looking for someone like that to help us:
– analyze business requirements, design and implement solutions and develop Java/JEE software components
– test unit and integration of components for integration into larger subsystems
– provide solutions in best quality as requested by specifications
– document the solutions
– analyze root-causes in case of incidents and provide solutions for the issues
– collaborate with other teams and share best practices with colleagues
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Credit Processing & Collateral team in Zurich Altstetten, We are an International team of software and IT professionals maintaining and enhancing financial applications for the decentral credit collateral environment, supporting leading edge wealth management applications.
Your experience and skills:
– expert knowledge in developing Java applications (Java, Struts, Spring, Hibernate, SQL, Junit)
– strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills (you know how to figure stuff out)
– experience using Jenkins, Subversion, GIT and familiar with scripting languages
– Advantageous - Prior experience with C+You are:
– able to improve older code bases, as well as apply modern best practices to new projects
– curious and collaborative, comfortable working independently, as well as in a team
– the go-to person for the latest development innovation
– C1 level in English (Technical writing/reading, Project documentation in English)
– B1 German business level speaking – understanding, reading & writing, some documentation in German.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 167320BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Software Engineer - Java
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Switzerland - Zürich
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)