UBS Financial Services Software Engineer (Java Developer) in Zürich, Switzerland
Are you passionate about building robust and reliable software? We are looking for someone like that to:
translate business requirements (functional and non-functional) into designs and code
participate in developing and enhancing a global platform
collaborate closely with global team in software integration and problem solving
challenge the status quo and come up with new ideas and solutions
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Client Reporting solution in Zürich, assigned in the Presentation Service Scrum Team of Client Servicing Capabilities within a well attuned global software delivery team for the Asset Viewing System, an e-banking component and part of the UBS Wealth Management platform. Our role is to support global WM business and enable them to grow.
– an university degree in computer science, information systems or related field of study
– comprehensive knowledge in software engineering with Java EE, Java 7+, Spring (knowing modules like Spring Core/Spring MVC/Spring Security)
– experience in E-Banking especially in the area of Asset Reporting interacting with various data suppliers
– knowledge of building web applications (NPM, REST, React) or interest in code generation approaches (XText)
– good understanding of tools (e.g. Git/GitHub, Maven/Jenkins)
– good understanding of TDD/Clean Code, Design Patterns & strong problem solving ability
– a strong understanding of the software development lifecycle – Waterfall and Agile (Scrum, XP, Kanban, etc.) methodologies
– experience in a global environment
– a positive attitude and a great interest in shaping the future of technology in banking
– a senior Java developer
– a strong problem solver and a good team player
– an analytical skilled person who manages to cope with complex challenges in software engineering
– structured and can break down complex technical tasks
– a reliable partner who's known for delivering in time
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 174733BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Software Engineer (Java Developer)
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Switzerland - Zürich
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)