UBS Financial Services Senior Quantitative Risk Specialist in Zürich, Switzerland
Does modeling excite you? Are you an innovative thinker who likes to challenge the status quo? Are you an engaged and motivated personality who likes to understand the big picture? For our risk model validation team we’re looking for an experienced risk specialist who can:
– carry out project-based independent model reviews in line with the UBS model governance policy, notably
– assess a model's conceptual soundness and methodology
– check appropriateness of input data, the model assumptions and parameters, the accuracy of the model calibration, as well as of qualitative or expert adjustments, etc.
– review outcome, impact, or benchmark analyses and/or develop a benchmark model
– perform model robustness analysis and identify and evaluate model limitations
– document the assessment to required standards
– interact and discuss with stakeholders (model developers, senior model owner, business representatives and model governance bodies)
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
UBS HR Recruiting Switzerland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Model Risk Management & Control team in Zürich. Our team is responsible for the independent review and challenge of risk models used within UBS. The model universe covers market and firm-wide risk models including regulatory capital, economic capital, stress testing and internal risk management applications. Your focus will be on firm-wide and business risk models.
Your experience and skills:
– a Master's or PhD degree in financial mathematics, econometrics, finance, or a related (quantitative) field
– 5 years of relevant experience in risk modelling or model validation
– a very good understanding of financial markets and the banking business, the regulatory landscape, financial accounting, as well as balance sheet dynamics
– very good communication skills and the ability to explain technical topics clearly and intuitively, both written and orally
– proficient in statistical models and modeling software
– co-operative and team-orientated, while being able to motivate and organize yourself and complete tasks independently to high quality standards and in time
– fluent in English, oral and written
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 166266BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Senior Quantitative Risk Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Switzerland - Zürich
Function Category: Quantitative Analysis, Research, Risk