UBS Financial Services Senior Quantitative Risk Modeler (UBS Career Comeback) in Zürich, Switzerland
Been out of the workforce for two or more years and ready to come back? Already built a career in financial services (or in a transferable role) and want to take the next step on your career path?
We recognise the added value that experienced talent brings into our workplace. And we also know that it’s not always easy to find the right work opportunity after a career break. That’s where UBS Career Comeback comes in – to help make the transition back to work a success
Are you an expert in quantitative modelling? Are you an innovative thinker who likes to challenge the status quo? Are you an engaged and motivated personality who likes to understand the big picture? Do you enjoy working in a highly specialized team to develop and deliver solutions? Then we are looking for someone like that to develop risk models for statistical risk aggregation purposes, including:
– Compile relevant information needed to develop or adapt a model
– Discuss model requirements and assumptions with stakeholders
– Test different possible model specifications and calibrations
– Perform impact analysis
– Diligently document the development process
– Prepare presentations to senior management and regulators
– Perform and document model performance and confirmation tests
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
We develop, refine, implement, and maintain mathematical and statistical models to measure all material risks across UBS to assess our capital requirements, comprising models for individual risk types (including market, credit, issuer, investment, funding, operational, pension, business risk etc.), as well as methodologies to aggregate risks. For the development of our methodologies, we use techniques from quantitative risk management, financial mathematics and econometrics. Models are implemented mainly in R, before being embedded into the productive risk infrastructure.
Your experience and skills:
– A Master's or PhD degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, Financial Engineering, Economics, Finance)
– Excellent coding skills preferably in R/Matlab
– Sound knowledge of statistical and econometric methods and their application
– Strong analytical, conceptual and organizational skills
– Experience with handling large datasets is a plus
– Outstanding conceptual and analytical capabilities combined with very good interpersonal and communication skills
– Familiarity with accounting standards and key rules is a plus
- team leader or supervisory experience preferred
– Experienced in risk methodology with at least 3 to 5 years' experience in a related area
– Fluent in English
– Experienced in writing documentation of complex statistical methodologies
– Able to deliver high quality results in a fast pace environment with tight deadlines
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 175422BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Senior Quantitative Risk Modeler (UBS Career Comeback)
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Switzerland - Zürich
Function Category: Risk