UBS Financial Services Room Collaboration Design Engineer in Zürich, Switzerland
In this role you will be responsible for the design and engineering of Room Collaboration solutions as required by the bank, including lab testing and documentation of these designs. You will contribute to the development of the product roadmap in co-operation with other UBS functions and team members.
• Providing solution selection (for example contributing technical expertise within an RFP)
• Performing high level and low level design
• Performing or supporting lab testing and documentation of test plan/results
• Providing escalation support where required
• Working with vendors and maintaining knowledge of industry trends
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You will work within the UBS Voice and Multimedia Engineering team, which is responsible for Unified Communications architecture and design. The wider team, End User Services Engineering, ensures timely and high quality delivery of all designs, solutions and products required for successful implementation of UBS end user applications and services. The role will be located in UBS Zurich.
Your experience and skills:
– very good knowledge of room collaboration technologies: videoconferencing, content sharing, room controls, AV, booking systems
– good knowledge of enterprise unified communications collaboration solutions, to include as many as possible of: Cisco, Microsoft, Polycom, Crestron
– good knowledge of working in Windows Server and Linux environments
– some knowledge of data networking (routing, switching)
– previous experience working in complex infrastructure projects
– excellent written and spoken English
– very strong technical, analytical, design and documentation skills
– aware of security-related risk in large infrastructure environments
– self-driven, happy to work within a global team
– strong communicator, willing and able to contribute to discussion and work collaboratively
– up to speed with industry trends with a passion for the technology
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 173619BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Room Collaboration Design Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Switzerland - Zürich
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)