UBS Financial Services Risk Appetite Specialist in Zürich, Switzerland
Are you interested in understanding the firm's risk taking activities in the context of our strategy, capital and liquidity plans, and our Pillars, Principles, and Behaviors? We are looking for a Risk Appetite Specialist to join the Risk Aggregation Frameworks & Methodology team.
• coordinate risk methodology related issues for internal capital adequacy assessment processes (ICAAP) with an immediate focus on Brexit
• develop a risk appetite framework post Brexit
• work closely with Finance in the assessment of stress impact on capital adequacy
• keep orderly communication between model developers and internal stakeholders to inform ICAAP requirements and readiness
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
The Risk Appetite team supports the executive management at Group and legal entities to develop, establish and maintain Risk Appetite framework and objectives. Risk Appetite defines the nature and levels of risk the organization is willing to accept or intends to avoid. The team is responsible for the risk assessment of the firm's business plan to ensure that potential risk exposure from the plan stays within risk capacity. Additionally the team coordinates risk methodology related issues for internal capital adequacy assessment processes (ICAAP) across Group, business divisions and legal entities.
Your experience and skills:
We are looking for an inquisitive candidate who is interested in understanding the firm's risk taking activities in the context of our strategic priorities, capital and liquidity plans, and our Pillars, Principles, and Behaviors
• The ability to review and challenge stress results based on a good understanding of the estimation methods
• A broad knowledge of risk control
• Prior experience in finance a plus
• A university degree in a quantitative field; excel skills a must
• A self-starter, good communicator, and a well-organized individual
• Skilled in written and verbal communication and able to explain complex issues clearly and intuitively to senior management
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 173950BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Risk Appetite Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Switzerland - Zürich
Function Category: Risk