UBS Financial Services Quantitative Risk Specialist in Zürich, Switzerland
Are you an expert in analytics? Are you an innovative thinker who likes to challenge the status quo? Do you know how to work well within a team and deliver effective solutions? We're looking for someone like that to carry out independent validation of models supporting the wealth management business, by
– assessing the model's conceptual soundness and methodology
– checking appropriateness of input data, model assumptions and parameters, calibration accuracy as well as of qualitative or expert adjustments, etc.
– reviewing outcome, impact, performing benchmark and robustness analyses
– identifying model limitations and evaluating overall model risk
– documenting the assessment to required standards
– interacting and collaborating with stakeholders: model developers, users, model governance representatives in order to safeguard the quality of our model risk management framework
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
UBS HR Recruiting Switzerland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Model Risk Management & Control team responsible for the independent validation of mortgage models as well as client portfolio models used within UBS, in particular by the Global Wealth Management division. The team's mandate comprises a wide range of portfolio valuation, risk estimation and optimization models, both in-house as well as externally developed.
– a MSc degree in quantitative finance, mathematics, physics, statistics, econometrics or numerical discipline, PhD is a plus
– knowledge of financial markets and products, strong interest in the financial services industry, preferably in risk management
– solid coding skills in R, Python, Matlab or similar
– excellent analytical skills
– curiosity and a thirst for innovation
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 173572BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Quantitative Risk Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Switzerland - Zürich
Function Category: Risk