UBS Financial Services Project Officer Operational Risk in Zürich, Switzerland
Are you eager to work in a dynamic IT environment? Do you demand the best from your vendor teams and hold them accountable? Are you superbly organized and a whiz with numbers? Then we are looking for someone like you to help manage and track our multi-year vendor IT implementation project in the Compliance & Operational Risk Control (C&ORC) & Audit IT organization in Zurich. You will be contributing by:
• Managing the vendor of a large, multi-year IT product implementation including detailed tracking of deliverables and vendor spend
• Ensuring deliverables and timelines are well understood by the vendor
• Holding the vendor responsible and identifying and raising risks early to the Project team when appropriate
• Providing stakeholders with transparent, accurate and regular information regarding the status of vendor deliveries
• Building a close relationship with the vendor to work effectively day in and day out
• Working with the IT Delivery lead in developing resource planning and tracking tools for the program
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Compliance & Operational Risk Control IT team based in Zurich. In recent years, regulatory requirements for firms in the financial services industry have become more comprehensive and complex. Litigations are continuously on the rise, violations are being vigorously investigated and a number of firms have faced highly publicized and expensive sanctions.
Our role is to design and implement innovative IT solutions that ensure these complex regulatory requirements are tracked through to solution as well as provide any information necessary to stakeholders to ensure all requirements are ultimately satisfied. We are a global IT team with locations in the US, UK, Switzerland and India while supporting internal clients throughout the world.
Your experience and skills:
Your experience and skills
• Work experience in similar position, minimum 3 years' experience managing vendor delivery of an IT application
• Proven track record of project delivery
• Experience in ensuring consistency of all project artifacts and project communications in a similar complex setup; outstanding interpersonal, communication and coordination skills
• MS Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint expert user capabilities
• Experience using a wide range of project management tools such as MS Project, JIRA, Confluence
• Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development, integration, 3rd party software customization, and data reporting/analytics tools
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
• Project experience in Operational Risk area would be a plus
• Industry best practice qualifications a plus (PMP, IPM, Prince or equivalent)
• Experienced in large organizations working with globally distributed teams
• A leader who can implement positive change to a team
• Knowledgeable of banking products
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 174164BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Project Officer Operational Risk
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Switzerland - Zürich
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)