UBS Financial Services New Business Control Risk Specialist in Zürich, Switzerland
Are you an expert in business and/or risk management? Do you have business development and/or product management experience? We’re looking for someone to:
– facilitate and coordinate the development, assessment and approval process for new business, changes to existing business and complex transactions
– provide guidance to key business partners (in particular Operating Officer, Control Functions and Business Project Managers) with regards to the New Business Control (NBC) framework/process
– interact with Operating Officer, Control Functions and Business Project Managers and Senior Sponsors as well as closely cooperate with NBC team colleagues globally and across Business Divisions
– review and challenge business case content to avoid gaps or inconsistencies of proposals
– ensure that the risk assessment is consistent and comprehensive across Control Functions, Legal Entities and Business Divisions as required
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
UBS HR Recruiting Switzerland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You will be reporting to the Head of New Business Control Switzerland, within the Group Risk Control area . The team is responsible for the coordination of the approval process of New Business Initiatives, Changes to Existing Business, and Complex Transactions in line with the New Business Control framework. Its main focus is on initiatives originated in Switzerland across all Business Divisions as well as on group wide initiatives with impact on Swiss legal entities.
– an university degree in finance, economics, business administration or numerical discipline and / or
several years of experience in the financial services industry, preferably in business development, product management and/or risk management
– profound knowledge of Wealth Management (experience in front-to-back processes and control frameworks, product shelf, regulatory topics and/or industry specific know-how, ideally with a new business related focus
– strong analytical skills and sound judgment capabilities
– able to comprehend complex new business initiatives fast and respond to stakeholders about the required course of action
– able to ask critical questions and independently assess, identify and articulate inconsistencies and communicate to stakeholders clearly and concisely
– willing to constantly grow and learn from new cases, work with people across the firm and have a solid work ethic and risk culture
– able to challenge the status quo where appropriate and constructively contribute to business and process improvements to increase effectiveness and efficiency
– a great communicator (and you know how to handle challenging situations)
– team-orientated, while able to complete tasks independently
– fluent in English. German is considered as an asset.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 178184BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: New Business Control Risk Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Switzerland - Zürich
Function Category: Risk