UBS Financial Services MS-SQL Database Administrator in Zürich, Switzerland
Are you fluent in T-SQL? Do you like to be part of the global database organization as a MS-SQL Database administrator to provide high level (Level 3) database expertise for day to day support of production and development environments? We’re looking for someone who can:
– design and implement complex changes
– troubleshoot and solve incidents
– monitor and analyze performance issues
– work with numerous technical teams to improve core infrastructure
– provide DBA Support for application development and production support teams
– ensure compliance with operational / change management guidelines
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
The MS-SQL Level 3 DBA team is spread across the globe in numerous regions. It is a team of highly skilled and experienced technicians. We have an excellent track record of solving incidents and problems. Our team has extensive performance tuning skills down to a SQL code level. We take ownership until the database issue is solved.
Your experience and skills:
– at least 5 to 8 years' experience and knowledge of the MS-SQL RDBMS technologies
– good Analytical and troubleshooting experience on above
– experience in large enterprise supporting 500 + servers
– good experience of DB Mirroring / Clusters and Replication
– a strong communicator, fluent in English
– flexible, open-minded, team worker, with a friendly and pleasant personality
– self-driven, able to work under pressure (deadlines)
– very strong interpersonal and communication skills and experience, holding a demanding client-facing role
– ability to manage, prioritize and solve problems quickly and completely
– willing to work occasionally in nonstandard working hours (nights or weekends)
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 175734BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: MS-SQL Database Administrator
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Switzerland - Zürich
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)