UBS Financial Services Legal Counsel, Group Corporate Legal (80% - 100%) in Zürich, Switzerland
Are you looking for a role in a highly professional, dynamic and international legal team in Switzerland's largest universal bank with exposure to central functions and business divisions alike? Are you a quick thinker who can combine in-depth legal analysis with sound judgment to come up with creative solutions? We're looking for someone like this to:
– advise and support on general matters of corporate law and corporate governance affecting the organization of the UBS Group's legal entities or the composition and tasks of their corporate bodies
– develop, review and interpret the key governance documents, policies and guidelines of the UBS Group's legal entities and the functions, divisions and regions
– advise and support UBS Group and various divisions and functions on internal and external corporate transactions and reorganizations (e.g. strategic acquisitions and divestitures, joint ventures, capital in- and decreases, incorporations and dissolutions etc.)
– draft, review and negotiate term sheets, shareholder agreements, business transfer agreements, sale and purchase agreements, NDAs etc.
– monitor legal and regulatory trends of relevance for your area of responsibility in collaboration with colleagues from across the regional corporate legal teams
– hold internal presentations, trainings and actively share know-how
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
UBS HR Recruiting Switzerland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You'll be working in the Group Corporate Legal team, located in Zurich. We act as go-to-team for the Office of the Group Company Secretary and the Group Executive Board, the Group functions, the business divisions and UBS's charity foundation for general corporate, contract and competition law and corporate governance matters affecting the Group. So you could be covering a great variety of legal matters and as such, no two days are the same.
Your experience and skills:
– a Swiss law degree and admittance to the bar (LL.M. is a plus)
– 2-5 years of practical experience in a major law firm or an international enterprise
– an interest in complex corporate legal and regulatory issues
– excellent social skills with a good sense of humor and the ability to influence and persuade others
– naturally curious and keen to identify and getting to the bottom of relevant matters
– an excellent team player and as such an expert at building networks and connections and in communicating across rank and cultures
– persistent in reaching defined objectives with stamina, initiative and drive
– fluent in German and English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 176762BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Legal Counsel, Group Corporate Legal (80% - 100%)
Job Type: Full Time, Part Time
Country / State: Switzerland - Zürich
Function Category: Legal