UBS Financial Services IT Test Manager and Test Engineer in Zürich, Switzerland
Do you see yourself as an all-rounder who enjoys the challenges of test management, test case design and test execution? Are you rigorous in putting applications to test before users work with them? Are you experienced in planning, organizing and guiding a testing team in a \"front-to-back\" mode i.e. from data entry to the resulting output? We’re looking for someone like that who can help us:
– perform the Test Manager role for an architecturally complex suite of applications
– create and execute test scenarios for several applications in diverse technical environments
– explore and implement measures to extend test automation
– support the team on end-of-life and migration projects
– document and control test activities
– present and explain test results to internal staff who are going to use them
– oversee and run relevant training activities for future users
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Reference Data Services team in Zurich. Our role is to provide business applications (customers) with a global infrastructure for the management, maintenance and use of reference static data. Our clients are the business application owners and the data owners of reference data tables. We provide users with tools and public services for maintaining, managing and using shared reference data, backed up by our own dedicated support organization. We offer standardization, central storage and global synchronization for master and control data, ensuring high data quality and enabling programming to be parameterized and structured more flexibly.
Your experience and skills:
– extensive industry experience of software testing and software delivery, having worked with projects through all stages of the development lifecycle.
– the communication skills to work effectively with internal colleagues from development, business analysis and project management
– excellent problem solving skills
– experience with zOS and Solaris platforms
– good SQL skills (Oracle, DB2)
– good working knowledge of Selenium and other automation tool languages
– good knowledge of TWS (IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler)
– experience with Autosys is a plus
– experience of working with multi-location teams is a plus
– a professional who is technically excellent and can aspire and inspire others to our values and culture
– passionate about what you do; you value excellence, learning and integrity
– a strong team player with emphasis on delivering business value
– keen to explore improvements, as well as to apply modern best practices to new projects
– curious and collaborative, comfortable working independently, as well as in a team
– an excellent communicator who can partner with technical experts as well as end-users who might not be well versed in IT (you’re comfortable talking to pros and amateurs)
– fluent in English & preferably German
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 173318BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: IT Test Manager and Test Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Switzerland - Zürich
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)