UBS Financial Services IT System Engineer - Data Center Operations Technician in Zürich, Switzerland
Do you want to define the way our infrastructure operates? We’re looking for someone like that who can help us:
– evaluate, plan and integrate technical infrastructure solutions
– guarantee a secure infrastructure environment as well as production stability and performance
– analyze errors in systems and define corrective measures (you’ve got a good eye)
– collaborate with cross-functional teams to work towards global IT solutions
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Data Center Operations team in the Flur Süd Data Center. Our role is to work as part of a 24x365 team fulfilling Data Center Operations tasks, supporting the DC Manager and working alongside infrastructure maintaining a stable environment. We help by performing key activities such as media handling, media wiping and audits all to comply with policy and procedure. This role may also involve server provisioning and Asset Recovery process management.
Your experience and skills:
– good knowledge of Data Center environments including mechanical & electrical, data cabling and IT hardware
– previous experience working in complex infrastructure facilities and/or businesses
– sound knowledge of workflow & inventory tools (ServiceNow, Microsoft Office products – Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Outlook)
– knowledge of common power strips and connectors used in Data Center environments
– ability to test and troubleshoot server hardware, general IT hardware, network patch cables, and similar
– experience performing rack, stack, and modification of servers. Enterprise-class HW experience a plus
– use of secure media handling procedures and tools to enforce required data protection requirements
– familiarity with ITIL or similar service frameworks
– aware of security-related risk in large infrastructure environments
– willing to work 'shift hours' as part of a 24x365
– know and understand relevant Health and Safety requirements
– used to working in a hands-on environment handling IT hardware
– fluent in English and German
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 171324BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: IT System Engineer - Data Center Operations Technician
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Switzerland - Zürich
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)