UBS Financial Services IT System Engineer – Application Integrator in Zürich, Switzerland
Are you passionate about integrating robust and scalable applications? Do you have a curious nature, always interested in how to innovate? We’re looking for someone like that to help us:
– analyze integration requirements, design and implement solutions to integrate Java/JEE software components and underlying databases.
– test unit and integration of components for integration into larger subsystems
– provide solutions in best quality as requested by specifications
– document the solutions
– analyze root-causes in case of incidents and provide solutions for the issues
– collaborate with other teams and share best practices with colleagues
– define platform requirement sizing, network and controlling components and system software within specified architecture
– define necessary technical and human resources
– investigate possible alternative scenarios and verify feasibility
– plan, evaluate, migrate, develop, implement, configure, test and roll out systems (hardware or software, networks, controls), ready for operations
– analyze outages and defective states, initiate and monitor measures to remedy them (3rd level support)
– maintain documentation relevant to operations (operation manual, installation guide, etc.)
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
UBS HR Recruiting Switzerland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Credit Processing & Collateral team in Zurich Altstetten. We are an international team of software and IT professionals maintaining and enhancing financial applications for the de-central credit collateral environment, supporting leading edge wealth management and finance applications.
– system administration, large-scale enterprise, object-oriented design and integration experience
– release management know-how
– knowledge of distributed computing and low-latency, multithreaded solutions
– strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills (you know how to figure stuff out)
– agile work experience – collaborative working style, methodologies SCRUM / XP / Kanban
– knowledge of banking business and experience in release management
– Unix, AIX, Windows Server/Client, Linux
– Shell- / Perl- Scripting, SW-Packaging
– Oracle, DB2, MS-SQL, Websphere, Tomcat, IHS, IIS
– knowledge of Java applications (Java 8, Spring, Hibernate, SQL, Junit)
– experience with Java 8 programming paradigms
– experience with IT processes and standards in financial industry
– imaginative and creative with emerging technologies and an ambassador for test- and behavior-driven development
– able to improve older code bases, as well as apply modern best practices to new projects
– curious and collaborative, comfortable working independently, as well as in a team
– the go-to person for the latest development innovation
–C1 level in English (technical writing/reading, project documentation) and B1 level in German (business level speaking – understanding, reading and writing some documentation)
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 180439BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: IT System Engineer – Application Integrator
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Switzerland - Zürich
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)