UBS Financial Services IT Quality & Test Engineer in Zürich, Switzerland
Are you passionate about testing?Are you passionate about assuring software quality and have a keen eye for detail? We’re looking for someone like that who can help us:
• assure software quality by planning, organizing and supporting all testing activities within the project; take PSO decision based on available information and your judgment
• conduct all required testing activities such as creating test plans and test cases, gathering the required evidences and tracking of defects
• lead and instruct the testing team in CH/APAC/EMEA; verify test cases and test results; organize and coordinate business testing
• perform work estimation for QA activities; monitor the progress of testing activities within the team and regularly inform the stakeholders about the current status; escalate issues quickly and to the right people in order to achieve full transparency of the process
• monitor and evaluate testing practices and tools to improve the testing process and quality of the software; develop test data and improve test automation
• work closely with our business partners, project leader, business analysts and other stakeholders in order to improve software quality as a whole
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You'll be working in the Wealth Advice Switzerland team in Zürich. Our role is to participate in all phases of the development lifecycle and be responsible to design, develop, document and maintain innovative applications.
Your experience and skills:
– adaptable and like to work across teams (internal / external)
– highly committed, like to display initiative and to take over responsibility
– technically savvy with an appreciation for IT capability
– 5+ year experience in the financial service industry and in information technology
– working experience as tester and test manager
– strong analytical skills to plan and execute test scenarios (you love doing this)
– the communication skills to work effectively with internal colleagues from development, business analysis and project management
– a good command of German and English
– experience with the following tools: Jira, Confluence, Quality Center, Soap-UI
– experience of agile methodologies, e.g. Scrum
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 173367BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: IT Quality & Test Engineer
Job Type: Full Time, Part Time
Country / State: Switzerland - Zürich
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)