UBS Financial Services IT Data Analyst / Scientist for Compliance Monitoring and Oversight in Zürich, Switzerland
Are you a passionate data analyst with a strong focus on delivery? Are you a experienced data scientist person? Do you have sound fundamental understanding of data analytical processes? We’re looking for someone like that to strengthen our Electronic eMail/Voice Communications (e/aComms) team:
– Define options based on modeling/analysis results to provide forward thinking alternative options for the Business that they may not have considered – think outside of the box
– Guide project teams to think strategically, while executing tactically to ensure most effective methods are being used to achieve goals.
– An excellent communicator who can partner with business experts and end-users who might not be well versed in IT
– Determine required IT business solutions for analytics / modeling and implementing them
– Leverage business requirements via internal and external data and conducting stakeholder interviews to determine modeling needs
– Act as a key point of contact with the Business, Compliance and IT to drive model training and development
– Leverage tools provided by Digital Reasoning Product (Synthesis) to execute modeling/analysis
– Assist in quality control and project management as required
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
UBS HR Recruiting Switzerland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Compliance & Operational Risk Control IT team based in Zurich. Our role is to design and implement innovated IT solutions to help prevent, detect and report on potential communication policy violations. We are a global IT team supporting internal clients throughout the world.
Your experience and skills:
– familiarity with Natural Language Processing engines
– experience with data warehouse and data management
– strong database, data modeling, and data analysis skills
– excellent communication skills and experience in liaising with global compliance teams
– strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills (you figure out issues and provide solutions with little or no information)
– understanding of a broad range of platforms, technologies and tools, such as SQL, Unix, Elasticssearch, & CURL Commands
– working knowledge of distributed processing systems, e.g. Hadoop Map/Reduce
– computer science academic background (bachelor or master degree)
– a flexible, resilient global team player with strong interpersonal skills taking initiative to drive things forward
– able to multitask and work on different projects in parallel, provide accurate results and while reaming focused on deliverables
– keen to develop subject matter expertise on our core vendor application and solutions overall
– fluent in English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 176693BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: IT Data Analyst / Scientist for Compliance Monitoring and Oversight
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Switzerland - Zürich
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)