UBS Financial Services Financial Crimes - Developer/Software Component Manager in Zürich, Switzerland
Are you a passionate engineer, solution architect and developer with a strong focus on delivery of scalable global systems?
We’re looking for someone like this to take over the overall responsibility for the COSIMA software components:
– Includes responsibility for end-to-end technical aspects of projects, from initiation through analysis & development to handover to production support teams.
– Drive architecture, standards and guidelines for a globally deployed software solution
– Support product management driving the product roadmap
– Drive a continuous reengineering and improvement process to cope with future business requirements
as well as covering end of live topics if required
– Oversee infrastructure provisioning and the global solution inventory
– Work closely with and advise stakeholders on technical matters
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the name screening team which is part of the Global Financial Crimes IT organization based in Zürich. Our role is to design and implement innovated IT solutions to help prevent, detect and report on suspicious names related to publically available watch-lists or other sources.
Appropriate name searches get done by the client advisors, during the onboarding processes as well as by the Compliance officers on a recurring or ad hoc basis. We are a stable IT team delivering solutions to the bank internal users around the world.
– computer science academic background (bachelor or master degree)
– long experience as engineer and architect in a globally distributed team
– financial services IT background, preferably in Financial Crimes/AML
– experience with client identifying data on distributed systems used by multinational teams
– Unix based Java development, ORACLE database and data analysis skills
– excellent communication skills and experience in liaising with global compliance teams
– methodology knowhow on how to ensure that project deliverables meet industry best practices
– strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills (you know how to figure things out)
– understanding of a broad range of platforms, technologies and tools, specifically
– Java, UNIX/Linux, Oracle, GitHub, TeamCity, Jira, Confluence
– Search engine technologies and machine learning tools a plus
– comfortable managing teams, be it ad hoc or project oriented
– handling people from a diversity of backgrounds and cultures – especially working with distributed teams
– curious to develop subject matter expertise on both in-house and vendor solutions
– a flexible, resilient team player with strong interpersonal skills taking initiative to drive things forward
– able to multitask and work on different projects in parallel, accurate and focused on deliverables
– an excellent communicator who can partner with business experts and other subject matter experts worldwide
– Strong personal prioritization and time management
– fluent in English
– German is a plus
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 180816BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Financial Crimes - Developer/Software Component Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Switzerland, Switzerland - Zürich
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)