UBS Financial Services Data scientist in Zürich, Switzerland
Are you a great collaborator? Do you know how to solve challenging problems in elegant ways? Do you have a curious nature, always interested in how to innovate? We’re looking for someone like that to help us:
– analyze business requirements, design and implement solutions, and develop software components as defined by the systems development life cycle (SDLC)
– collaborate with other global IT teams
– meet the high expectations of clients through frequent release cycles of quality software
– share knowledge across the whole development community
– ensure quality by following established standards and procedures
– analyze root causes of incidents and provide answers
– document the provided resolutions
– perform code reviews and share results with colleagues
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
UBS AG Recruiting Switzerland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be in the Firm-Wide Risk IT team in Zurich. We support the business in calculating and reporting main significant risk metrics (including credit and market risk, risk aggregation, and macroeconomic scenario development) across all UBS entities and subsidiaries. Our team is responsible for delivering models to provide insightful analysis for senior management, the board of directors and regulators.
Your experience and skills:
– several years of experience with R language (further programming languages considered as an advantage - Python, Matlab, SAS)
– good understanding of statistical techniques and concepts within financial services a plus
– strong analytical, problem solving and data analysis skills
– experience to develop statistical models, and incrementally improve the accuracy of results
– able to interpret a business requirements and transform it into an executable code
– at ease to handle a broad set of data coming into a variety of formats
– interested in credit or market risk related topic, as well as regulatory risk (IFRS9, CCAR)
– able to explain complex concepts and maintain effective working relationships with team members (technical level) and risk methodology (business level)
– proactive, comfortable working in dynamic environments with fast-paced deliveries and changing requirements
– able to improve older code bases, as well as apply modern best practices to new projects
– curious and collaborative, comfortable working independently, as well as in a team
– effective within the complexity, constraints and boundaries of a leading global organization, operating in a highly regulated industry, running on bespoke software
– willing to collaborate with different stakeholders across different locations
– able to make things work
– passionate about what you do (and really excellent at it)
– fluent in English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 175098BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Data scientist
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Switzerland - Zürich
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)