UBS Financial Services Oracle Developer / Senior Oracle Developer in Wroclaw, Poland
Do you know how to write queries processing millions of records in seconds? Are you interested in quickly evolving data science? We are looking for someone like that who will:
be a part of a self-organising Scrum team
design and implement complex code changes
design data model that can support ever growing volume
translate business requirements into working solution
refactor and evolve existing codebase to support new processes
ensure highest quality of deliverables
support development tools and infrastructure
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You will be working in the Scrum team supporting strategic solutions for Group Technology that is currently operating in Wroclaw. We look after strategic reporting solutions in collaboration with professionals all around the world. As a member of our team you will be working on a data centric project that is automating exchange of information between UBS and external counterparties and regulators.
We follow agile principles and constantly look for a way to improve our processes. Your team will be working with multiple product backlogs, cooperating with business stakeholders on regular basis. We strive to automate repetitive work (regression tests, Continuous Integration and deployment tests and similar).
Your experience and skills:
– minimum a 3-5 of years of experience with the full software development lifecycle (SDLC)
– good understanding of data driven solutions and approach to large volume data processing
– experience with SQL and PL/SQL on Oracle 10g and above
– excellent database performance tuning skills and SQL code tuning skills.
– experience with Unix/Linux and shell scripting
– working knowledge of XML processing – XQuery, XSLT, etc.
– strong troubleshooting skills with an attention to detail and an ability to follow process
– excellent verbal and written communication skills
Nice to have:
– Business Intelligence tools (Business Objects, Qlikview, Tableau), ETL tools (DataStage, Informatica)
– experience of building front to back risk dashboards, understanding key operational risk metrics, post trade controls and familiarity with the regulatory reporting environment (a plus)
– flexible and open-minded
– self-driven and proactive
– paying attention to details
– responsible and committed to deliver results
– able to manage, prioritize and solve problems quickly and completely
– good team player
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 166767BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Oracle Developer / Senior Oracle Developer
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Poland
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)