UBS Financial Services GALM IT Software Engineer in Wroclaw, Poland
Are you passionate about building robust and scalable core Java server systems? Are you motivated to deliver real business value? We're looking for someone like that to:
– analyze business requirements and design solutions
– be a part of a high-performing nearshore development team
– master state-of-the-art technologies and a complex business domain
– apply best development practices and effectively utilize technologies
– write high quality code and adhere to coding standards
– collaborate with other global IT teams
– participate in level 3 support, assisting the production operations team in rollout and support-related matters
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the GALM Secured Funding team in Wroclaw. The Secured Funding IT team is part of the Investment Bank IT function and is responsible for a broad range of applications across Repo Trading, Inventory, Collateral Optimisation and Pricing. Our role is to develop IT applications to meet the immediate and future needs of the GALM business. The Secured Funding team is a talented, mature and supportive global team, distributed amongst UK, US, Poland and APAC with a mixed UBS FTE/vendor outsource model. The team is a complete functional delivery team consisting of developers, business analysts, SMEs, project managers, IT architects, scrum masters and QA.
Your experience and skills:
– expertise in the fundamentals of computing science including data structures and algorithms.
– expertise in Java 8 with knowledge of low-level parts of the API like collections, multi-threading, Java concurrency utilities
– extensive experience in RESTful and SOAP Webservices
– extensive experience in Spring / Spring MVC
– extensive experience in Hibernate
– clean coding skills and excellent problem solving ability.
– fluency in design patterns and refactoring techniques.
– fluency in Java unit testing / testing frameworks (JUnit / Mockito etc).
– fluency in relational databases (Oracle, Sybase or SQL Server).
– experience with messaging systems
– hands-on knowledge in Linux
– knowledge of agile development practices (Scrum, XP, Kanban etc)
– knowledge of Spring-integration will be a plus
– knowledge of FitNesse or Cucumber will be a plus
– knowledge of DevOps tools and principles will be a plus
– focused on quality
– an excellent communicator
– aware of on-going technology trends and know how to pragmatically leverage their benefits
– a quick learner
– comfortable working independently, as well as in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
– fluent in English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 172979BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: GALM IT Software Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Poland
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)