UBS Financial Services DevOps Technical Lead in Wroclaw, Poland
UBS Investment Bank has an extensive enterprise application suite supporting a diverse business. UBS has embarked on a strategic journey to transform its delivery eco-system to embrace a DevOps ethos to move towards Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD).
There is a technical lead role for a creative and innovative thought leader to join the engineering productivity team to help design and implement Container technology at UBS as a critical part of the Cloud strategy. The role is to be a senior developer advocate to prove out the technical patterns in the UBS technical eco-system to enable full adoption of container technology at the enterprise level.
UBS IB has 3500+ developers and 1400+ applications make this an exciting and significant challenge with the opportunity to make a significant positive impact. Also UBS has recently announced a strategic move into the cloud with Azure which is driving focus on Container Technology and Automated Orchestration.
The opportunity is to use your creativity, innovation, technical and communication skills to help us realise this goal.
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You direct team is a group of 10 technologists all focused on this goal. Also partnering a sister team of 15 is working on UBS's own propriety deployment technology. In the wider picture you will be communicating with and influencing a 3500+ strong developer community delivering for IB.
• A proven technical lead / developer advocate with strong tech. skills and experience partnering development teams in the adoption of new technology.
• Able to be a thought leader, innovator and hand on technical engineer.
• Skilled in proving technical patterns that
• Passionate about the spirit of DevOps and automation
• A creative thinker with the ability to innovate.
• Able to both: lead a team and influence other teams to succeed
• A communicator who enjoys building people networks to sell your vision
• Disciplined and be keen to implement lean/agile/iterative team patterns in change delivery
• Interested in being an agent of change by selling DevOps via live demos and partnering teams.
• Understand the difference between IAAS, PAAS, CAAS and SAAS as strategic cloud patterns and have some level of hands on experience with at least 2 of them.
• Use of enterprise container technology such as Docker, OpenShift (CRI-O) etc.
• Operating Cloud environments such as Azure, AWS, Google Cloud etc.
• Building container images and Containerisation of applications.
• Automated Orchestration. e.g. Kubernetes.
• Cloud and Container Security
• Splunk & ELK Pipeline (Kibana, Logstash, Elastic Search)
• Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Ant, Terraform,
• Unix (RedHat Linux) and Windows command line tools
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 180135BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: DevOps Technical Lead
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Poland
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)