UBS Financial Services WMA Securities Settlements - Director in Weehawken, New Jersey
Are you a confident decision maker and problem solver? Do you know how to bring out the best in people? We’re looking for a leader who can:
– recruit, select, onboard, train and manage operational support staff
– take responsibility and own day-to-day DTC domestic settlement, Buy-ins, and Fail Control processes
– manage all applicable regulatory requirements within the domestic securities space (15-c3, Reg SHO, Reg T)
– Provide an industry leading level of client service to external clients and internal stakeholders by working across the firm to deliver front-to-back exception management and deliver key strategic goals of senior management
– Monitor and manage third party vendor's performance in line with SLA agreements.
– Proactively ensure the firm's risk is managed and escalated in accordance to core principles and guidelines.
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working as part of Group Operations within the Global Wealth Management organization. The team facilitates all domestic settlement within the United States, including SBL activity, and associated post-settlement control functions (Buy-ins & Fail Control).
– a minimum of 5 years of experience in a leadership position within the Finance industry
– ideal candidate will have multiple years' experience in Operations aligned role
– Detailed knowledge of broker/dealer operations concepts such as Stock Record, DTC, client/firm segregation, Trade Lifecycle.
– Broad understanding of finance industry & financial products
– Strong written and verbal communication skills in English required
– Experience with project-level deliverables is a strong plus
– Ability to multitask and prioritize in fast-paced environment
– series 99 preferred (requirement once role is accepted)
– motivated, self-directed and driven
– talented at building partnerships and knowing when to delegate
– skilled at creating a positive business culture (you have the human touch)
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 178331BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: WMA Securities Settlements - Director
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States - New Jersey
Function Category: Operations