UBS Financial Services UI Visual Design in Weehawken, New Jersey
Are you excited by the power of digital technology to drive better client experiences? Are you an analytical thinker? Do you want to use your superior design skills and boundless creativity to innovate a user friendly digital wealth management interface?
We're looking for someone with these qualities who can:
• Support the Digital Strategy and Execution team to conceptualize, design, and create the features and functionality for wealth management's digital platform
• Use their talent in UI Design to create a superior user experience
• Create the series of interactions, screens, pages, and visual elements that users interact with
Key responsibilities include:
• Design, define and build user centric/client journey based user interfaces through flows, wireframes, prototypes, and build ready screens
• Collaborate with experience design team to refine wireframes and prototypes
• Collaborate with technology team to define the work needed to enable digital platform
• Collaborate with product management and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for product direction, visuals and experience
• Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
• Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex roadblocks
• Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
• Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stake holders
• Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback and present in a way that is consumable to peers and executives in order to understand where to improve
• Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Digital Lab and Factory team within the Digital Strategy & Platforms (DS&P) team, based in Weehawken, NJ. The Digital Lab and Factory was founded in 2018 is UBS' agile-based, user-centric center of excellence that is run in partnership between the business and the technology organization
Your experience and skills:
• Experience in wealth management and wealth management platforms, including advisor tools, account aggregation tools, Robo-Advisors, etc.
• Understand digital experience, digital platforms, and underlying technologies and how they are developed and built
• Familiarity with agile, iterative development processes, such as Scrum, and ceremonies and best practices involved
• Familiarity with mobile and web platform design and development tools and processes
o Proven UI experience and demonstrable UI design skills with a strong portfolio
o Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
o Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
• Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
o Proficiency in Sketch, Axure, Photoshop, Illustrator, OmniGraffle, or other visual design and wire framing tools
o Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders
• Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to identify insights
• Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
• BS/MS in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction design, or related
• Driven and excited by challenge and change – ready to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
• A self-starter with high level of energy, urgency, and personal accountability
• Intellectually curious and willing to challenge the status quo
• Comfortable working independently, as well as in a collaborative environment
• Able to communicate effectively and receive constructive criticism from both peers and executive level stake holders alike.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 177550BR
Business Divisions: Global Wealth Management
Title: UI Visual Design
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States - New Jersey
Function Category: Business management, administration and support