UBS Financial Services UI Developer in Weehawken, New Jersey
Are you passionate about building robust and scalable IT systems? Do you have a curious nature, always interested in how to innovate? We’re looking for someone like that to help us:
– analyze business requirements, design and implement solutions, and develop software components as defined by the systems development life cycle (SDLC)
– test unit and integrate components into larger subsystems
– support the Software Component Manager in resolving high-priority defects and deploying fixes to production systems
– make sure that produced code is secure, stable and operational before handover to the Software Component Manager
– collaborate with other global IT teams
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Research & CRM Application Delivery team in London, UK. Our role is to develop CRM applications for several thousand Sales and Research staff across the Investment Bank. We help by providing technology based solutions to Sales and Marketing staff to better service our clients.
Your experience and skills:
– large-scale enterprise, object-oriented design experience
– strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills (you know how to figure stuff out)
– expertise in modern web technology, including:
– Open-source libraries, tools and technologies including D3, NodeJS, React and one of the following: lodash, underscore or Ramda
– knowledge, understanding and experience of:
– Functional programming
– REST APIs
– Git distributed version control system
– Agile development processes
– Internet security and authentication systems
– Automation technologies for testing and other purposes
– Banking/Finance domains.
– It would be beneficial for you to have:
– Revenue reporting experience.
– Experience with other programming languages such as ActionScript, Oracle.
– Experience collaborating with User Experience designers
– Experience with real-time data-streaming and messaging systems
– Experience with cloud technologies
– highly motivated, imaginative and creative with emerging technologies and an ambassador for test- and behavior-driven development
– focused with a track record of delivering successful applications in production
– able to improve older code bases, as well as apply modern best practices to new projects
– curious and collaborative, comfortable working independently, as well as in a team
– the go-to person for the latest development innovation
– fluent in English, a great communicator and team player.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 172968BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: UI Developer
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States - New Jersey
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)