UBS Financial Services Strategic Analyst, Structured Lending Origination in Weehawken, New Jersey
This position is responsible for working directly with the Head of Structured Lending Origination in developing the infrastructure to support and manage the structured lending business, a targeted growth area within WMA. The analyst will be expected to think innovatively and beyond the status quo on day one to stand up these strategically important loan programs, partnering with all product, sales, operations, marketing, legal, risk, compliance IT and support units, as well as external vendors and affiliates. Key responsibilities:
• Business Development – drive the direction and resources in building new loan programs; conduct loan due diligence on individual transactions; evaluate and drive partnership opportunities with lending referral partners to provide principal lending solutions (e.g., co-lending, warehouse facilities)
• Reporting and Analysis – Prepare reports for management; gather and analyze data critical to product development and loan origination
• Regulatory & Risk Management – Work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure a sound risk management framework; develop an understanding of credit risk management and work with partners to build a proper control framework for these new asset classes
• Senior Management Support – Work on special projects as necessary; prepare internal presentations as necessary for senior management on strategy
• Field Engagement and Execution – Organize and participate on calls to assess new opportunities; travel to branches/complexes to meet with Advisors to discuss our platform
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
The Structured Lending Origination team is part of WM USA Banking Group's HNW Lending & Banking Services organization that focuses on expanding the firm's principal lending business outside of our current Securities Backed / Tailored Lending and Residential Mortgages offerings.
Key focus areas include lending opportunities against a broad array of complex, less liquid assets (e.g., commercial real estate, private equity), as well as financing solutions for small- to medium-sized businesses. Additionally, the team works closely with over a dozen banks and specialty finance referral partners to provide wealth management clients lending solutions that UBS currently does not offer in-house.
Your experience and skills:
3 to 7 years of experience
financial services experience preferred
excellent verbal and written communication skills
highly analytical, organized, and strategic
proficient in Excel and Powerpoint
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 169220BR
Business Divisions: Wealth Management Americas
Title: Strategic Analyst, Structured Lending Origination
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States - New Jersey
Function Category: Product Management and Development