UBS Financial Services Quantitative Risk Specialist in Weehawken, New Jersey
Are you adept at risk matters? Are you interested in Stress Testing? Do you know how to work well within a team to develop and deliver solutions? Then we are looking for you to:
– create, develop and maintain methodologies for stress testing for UBS
– use techniques from quantitative risk management, financial mathematics and econometrics to develop, assess, and change models
– implement models in R and produce clear documentation for regulators
– bring new quantitative modeling ideas to our team to push ahead a key project within the bank
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Stress Methodology team in the greater New York city area. Our role is to develop, maintain, and apply UBS's stress testing framework for assessing the impact of global macro-economic scenarios on the firm’s profitability and capital adequacy. The framework captures all risk types across all businesses world-wide. We develop and maintain a suite of scenario-aligned risk category stress models, have an important role in scenario expansion, and support diverse other stress-related activities.
Your experience and skills:
– a Master's or PhD degree in applied quantitative discipline (e.g. Econometrics, Statistics, Financial Engineering, Computational Science, Quantitative Finance)
– some experience in building models from scratch (e.g., time series analysis, linear/non-linear models, Gaussian/non-Gaussian models, parametric/non-parametric models)
– sound knowledge of statistical and econometric methods and their application
– programming knowledge. Experience in writing code is essential (spreadsheet macros don't count)
– strong analytical, conceptual and organizational skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines
– general understanding and interest in (macro-) economic mechanisms and their influence on financial markets
– an understanding of the following terms: stationarity, OLS, R-squared, Akaike, goodness of fit, out-of-sample, null hypothesis, p-value, risk-neutral, collinearity, heteroscedasticity, quantiles
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 165107BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Quantitative Risk Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States - New Jersey
Function Category: Risk