UBS Financial Services QA Test Engineer - GALM IT in Weehawken, New Jersey
Are you an experienced QA engineer who is looking for a challenging role in a fast paced environment? Do you have a knack for problem solving? Are you able to multi-task and influence for technical excellence?
We are looking for someone who would like to:
• Continuously learn about business and technology processes in order to test them an protect the reliability and integrity of front office applications
• Suggest ways to enhance / automate our testing processes to make them more effective and quicker to perform.
• work with analysts and other subject matter experts to test changes to our trading application suite
• demonstrate consistent testing principles, tools and best practices
• collaborate with cross-functional teams in global locations to achieve our goals
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
The GALM Secured Funding IT team is part of the Investment Bank IT function. The team is responsible for a broad range of applications across Repo Trading, Inventory, Collateral Optimization and Transfer Pricing. Our role is to develop IT applications to meet the immediate and future needs of the GALM business.
Your experience and skills:
• Experience testing high availability, high volume systems with low tolerance for production incidents.
• Experience working with messaging middleware (e.g., IBM MQ, Tibco EMS)
• Experience with testing tools like QC, Test Manager, etc.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills
• Working knowledge of UNIX/LINUX (navigating file systems and reading log files)
• Experience working with distributed computing platform
• Experience with automation a plus
• Experience with secured funding / repo trading/ collateral management applications a plus
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 169640BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: QA Test Engineer - GALM IT
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States - New Jersey
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)