UBS Financial Services Project Manager (Associate- WM USA COO PMO) in Weehawken, New Jersey
This individual will support the implementation of strategic wealth management initiatives within the \"COO PMO.\" Resources will work across multiple business areas (e.g. banking/lending, investment products, capital markets, corporate and institutional advisory solutions, and client advisory) and with key partners including: operations, technology, QA, and legal/compliance. Candidates should have strong project management and business analysis background / capabilities and experience with large and complex projects. Candidates should have the capability to apply their analysis and project management skills to produce project deliverables (e.g. project charters, project schedules, issue / risk management, project budgets, business requirements and presentations for multiple audiences - senior management, product groups and/or project teams) and be comfortable working as a part of teams.
Proficiency with Microsoft Access and SharePoint highly preferred. Experience with a governance framework for project management is a plus.
Key project management competencies and responsibilities include:
• Lead projects throughout the project life cycle and effectively interact with multiple stakeholders (CAO, Product Managers, Subject Matter Experts, Operations, Legal/Compliance and Technology teams).
• Create and maintain the project schedule/project plan by working with the core team members to provide input on key tasks, milestones, and dependencies.
• Create and maintain a consolidated list of issues and risks and review with project team on a recurring basis to help drive to closure. Escalate items as appropriate.
• Schedule and lead meaningful project status meetings including previous accomplishments, upcoming activities, issues/risks, financial information, and any change requests; highlight risks to delivery.
• Conduct effective facilitation sessions with multiple stakeholders to aggressively drive projects forward.
• Understand complex topics and translate them into diagrams and documentation using standard tools (i.e. Word, Visio, Excel, etc.).
• Document and manage the change control process.
• Participate in testing strategy, scripts, execution, reporting defects, and defect reviews.
• Participate in creation and execution of production release \"check outs\" to ensure functionality is properly deployed.
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
Skills/Qualifications (i.e. years of experience, licenses, and leadership skills):
• Minimum of 2.5 years' experience as a Business Analyst / Project Manager. Financial Services industry experience preferred.
• Experience as a Project Lead or Subject Matter Expert responsible for leading business change/transformation initiatives.
• Experience in Wealth Management and PMO strategies.
• Experience working with Microsoft SharePoint and Microsoft Access.
•Additionally, strong Microsoft Office skills, including experience with Microsoft Project to manage projects, Visio to develop process flows, Excel to compile and analyze data, and PowerPoint to develop presentations.
• Ability to gather, consolidate and synthesize information from various sources in order to gain consensus on proposed process change/transformation.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to interact with multiple stakeholders at different levels within the organization.
• Highly organized and detail-oriented.
• Excellent analytical and decision-making skills.
• Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
• Ability to effectively multi-task, and deliver quality results within fast-paced project deliverable deadlines.
• Experience working with vendors and affiliate management a plus
• Clear understanding of SDLC and Agile models.
• Familiarity with UBS systems and partners is a plus.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 172022BR
Business Divisions: Wealth Management Americas
Title: Project Manager (Associate- WM USA COO PMO)
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States - New Jersey
Function Category: Process, project and program management