UBS Financial Services Oracle Developer in Weehawken, New Jersey
Do you have a knack in turning complex requirements into simple designs? Are you a master of Oracle and PL/SQL? Are you passionate about database development, modelling and performance and about bringing systems to life, and have a curious nature, always interested in how to innovate? We’re looking for someone like that who can:
– develop the database-layer of a large-scale rich internet platform in collaboration with business analysts, web developers and quality assurance (QA) professionals
– keep a sharp focus on database design, security and performance
– share knowledge across the whole development community
– take pride in the quality of delivered software products and services (this is what drives you)
– identify and resolve design and query performance issues on multi-billion row database applications
– produce optimized dimensional database designs to support hundreds of users querying millions of transactions at performance ranging from minutes down to sub-second
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
The IB IT Advisory Research & CRM team is part of the IB IT function and is dedicated to Corporate Center within the UBS Group. The team is responsible for a broad range of applications across data, analysis, CRM, Research Publishing and Marketing. Our role is to develop data warehouse applications for several thousand Sales and Research staff deployed globally across the Investment Bank.
Your experience and skills:
– Oracle SQL / PL/SQL skills: Performance tuning and Dimensional modelling / Data Warehouse
– Know-how of agile development practices (Scrum, XP, Pair Programming etc.)
– Excellent knowledge of Oracle 11gR2 PL/SQL and SQL (including analytic functions)
– Exposure with real-time applications to deliver complex result sets within sub-second response times
– Ability to articulate data modelling concepts and explain their application to address design requirements
– Very clear understanding of which Oracle features can, and should be leveraged for any given design challenge
– Understanding why design choices directly influence resilience and performance, taking into account Oracle's capabilities and weaknesses
– Experience of Oracle 12c and Exadata, Business Objects, Tableau and Java (optional)
– delivery minded able interpret a set of business requirements, and turn them into simple, sensible solutions
– experienced in application delivery. You can take ownership of issues, quick to find solutions and will find ways to continuously improve the code in order to prevent reoccurrences.
– passionate with the skills needed to influence the wider technical community within UBS by promoting best practices and pro-actively evaluating and proposing new technologies
– imaginative and creative. You happily embrace emerging technologies and design techniques
– adaptable, able to work across teams and functions
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 172967BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Oracle Developer
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States - New Jersey
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)