UBS Financial Services IT Tech Lead - Java in Weehawken, New Jersey
Are you a passionate engineer and solution architect with a strong focus on delivery? Are you experienced with GRC platforms? We’re looking for someone like that to strengthen our core engineering team:
– Drive architecture, standards and guidelines for a globally deployed software solution
– Evangelize highly performant and efficient system design
– Support product management driving the product roadmap
– Work closely with and advise Business Analysts, Testers and Management on technical matters
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Compliance & Operational Risk Control IT team based in Zürich, Switzerland. In recent years, regulatory requirements for firms in the financial services industry have become more comprehensive and complex. Litigations are continuously on the rise, violations are being vigorously investigated and a number of firms have faced highly publicized and expensive sanctions.
Our role is to design and implement innovative IT solutions that ensure these complex regulatory requirements are tracked through to solution as well as provide any information necessary to stakeholders to ensure all requirements are ultimately satisfied. We are a global IT team with locations in the US, UK, Switzerland and India while supporting internal clients throughout the world.
Your experience and skills:
– computer science academic background (bachelor or master degree)
– experience as engineer and architect in a globally distributed team
– a financial services IT background, preferably in the Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) space
– experience in the configuration and customization of MetricStream or other GRC applications
– the ability to design an entire global system architecture front to back including integration with existing differing interfaces
– strong performance analysis capabilities/toolset
– strong database and data analysis skills
– excellent communication skills and experience in liaising with global compliance teams
– methodology know-how on how to ensure that project deliverables meet industry best practices
– strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills (you know how to figure things out)
– understanding of a broad range of platforms, technologies and tools, specifically
– Java, Angular, UNIX/Linux, Oracle, MetricStream, GitHub, Nexus, TeamCity, Jira, Confluence
– a flexible, resilient team player with strong interpersonal skills taking initiative to drive things forward
– able to multitask and work on different projects in parallel, accurate and focused on deliverables
– keen to develop subject matter expertise on our core vendor production and solutions overall
– an excellent communicator who can partner with business experts and end-users who might not be well versed in IT
– fluent in English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 170871BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: IT Tech Lead - Java
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States - New Jersey
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)