UBS Financial Services IT Software Engineer in Weehawken, New Jersey
Are you passionate about bringing systems to life? Do you have a curious nature, always interested in how to innovate? We’re looking for someone like that to:
Implement functionality changes, bug fixes and performance enhancement changes for risk management applications which is JAVA based
Writing extensive unit tests to ensure proper functionality of the system during development stage
Contributing to the design of the system by participating in the architecture and technical discussions with the team
The successful candidate is expected to work under minimal supervision to design and implement the required functionality/bug fixes/enhancements within allotted timescales.
The successful candidate is also expected to provide third line support to the application's global user community, which will include assisting dedicated support staff and liaising with the members of other development teams directly.
The candidate is also expected to provide support and assistance to other team members.
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Global Equity Derivatives team in the United States. We work as part of a global team providing development and design for the existing and future risk management applications for the local and global GED business.
Your experience and skills:
– A Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science/ Engineering/ Science/ Maths preferred
– A minimum of 8 years of core development experience with Java language in a software development environment
– Minimum 5 years building global high-performance, multi-threaded client-server Java-based systems
– Fluent written and spoken English
Nice if you have:
– Investment banking experience (or financial sector) is desirable
– Derivatives Fundamental knowledge is desirable
– Team/technical lead experience desirable
– Experience in mentoring junior developers
– Experience with Agile methods (Test Driven Development etc)
– Experience in Perl, Shell and SQL scripting is desirable
– Ability to understand the key functionality and behaviour of the existing system simply by reading the Java code
– curious and collaborative, comfortable working independently, as well as in a team
– focused on delivery to the business
– strong in analytical skills. For example, the candidate must understand the key dependencies among existing systems in terms of the flow of the data among them. It is essential that the candidate understands the ‘big picture’ of how and why the clients would use the data produced by the system.
– able to quickly absorb new terminology and business requirements
– already strong in core java knowledge as well as programming techniques, design patterns etc and will be expected to train/mentor junior developers. The candidate must also demonstrate a strong desire for learning and self-improvement
– open to learning home-grown technologies, support current state infrastructure and drive future state migrations. imaginative and creative with emerging technologies and an ambassador for test- and behavior-driven development
– able to accurately and pragmatically estimate development effort required for specific objectives
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 171005BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: IT Software Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States, United States - New Jersey
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)