UBS Financial Services IT Software Engineer (Big Data Java Developer) - IB Core in Weehawken, New Jersey
Are you passionate about technology? Do you know how to solve challenging problems in elegant ways? We’re looking for someone like that who has:
• Extensive Java development experience
• Sound knowledge of distributed computing
• Strong analytical and logical reasoning capability
• The ability to look beyond the status quo and identify areas of constant change/improvement
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You'll be working within the IB Core Services team, responsible for delivering trade reporting and order recordkeeping capabilities for the IB. This is a global team of experts, providing new technology and best in class solutions.
Your experience and skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field
• Excellent knowledge of Hadoop 2.0+ and components in Hadoop ecosystem
• 5+ years of experience working in complex big data implementations
• 2+ years of experience working on Cloudera Hadoop Stack in a secure enterprise IT environment
• Experience with Kafka messaging and data processing pipelines
• Excellent understanding of Java 8 and Spring Framework
• 5+ years of development experience in Java/Java Spring/Spring Boot/J2EE technologies
• Experience developing Spark utilities for large-scale data processing
• Understand Agile Software Methodology and have experience delivering software using Agile principles
• Experience with source control systems such as GIT, build tools and continuous integration using ANT, Maven, TeamCity, Sonar, etc
• Experience with JIRA for project and issue tracking
• Excellent understanding of SDLC framework
Good to have
• Masters' degree in Computer Science or related technical field
• Experience with Spark2 and Yarn framework preferred
• Experience with Linux
• Experience in Banking and Financial Markets
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 173062BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: IT Software Engineer (Big Data Java Developer) - IB Core
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States - New Jersey
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)