UBS Financial Services IT Release Manager/Scrum Master –Risk IT Delivery team in Weehawken, New Jersey
Are you eager to work in a dynamic IT environment? Are you a multitasker and experienced to deal with different stakeholders and their needs? We are looking for someone with this profile to drive through IT projects as a PM/ Scrum master from the start to successful implementation as part of a global organization.
You will be contributing mainly by:
• Managing all aspects of a project like – planning, Book of work (BoW) facilitation, scope planning for a release, and ensure timing, quality, cost adherence and early identification of potential issues.
• Working with the Project manager, BA team and other stakeholders, to create and maintain a refined and prioritized list of BoW tagged to a release. • Co-ordinate with Program aligned PM's, BA's, Developers, QA's and Release management team for status tracking & ensures smooth release.
• Ensuring project tracking, track dependencies and gate keep scope to ensure they don’t impact the Release schedule adversely.
• Providing the stakeholders with transparent, accurate and regular information/updates regarding the status of project plan, open issues.
• Manage project deliverables across the team in a matrix organization setting where resources don’t report directly to you.
• Manage projects on different SDLC methodology like Waterfall and Agile
Encourages Agile and Lean principles.
• Provide leadership for the team by helping identify and remove impediments on a daily basis, ensure team stays focused on the sprint goals, JIRA processes and deliver value for each iteration on time.
• Maintaining details for sprints and releases in Jira or other workflow visualization tools.
• Facilitating all Scrum events for planning, refinement, customer feedback, and promote continuous improvement.
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working as part of Market Risk team across various regulatory projects/programs like BCBS 239, CCAR, and FRTB etc. The programme is foremost concerned with meeting the new regulatory obligations but also aims to take advantage of opportunities presented by regulatory reform for UBS and its clients.
Your experience and skills:
• Work experience in similar position, with a minimum 7 years' experience applying project management techniques using agile and waterfall methodologies.
• Proven track record of project delivery in a complex environment across matrix structure.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills.
• Experience in ensuring consistency of all project artefacts and project communications in a similar complex setup.
• Industry best practice qualifications desirable (PMI, Scrum Alliance, IPM, Prince or equivalent)
• Knowledge about Market/Credit Risk, Investment banking processes and IT projects.
• An excellent communicator, with persuasive presentation skills
• Well organized with an innate sense of how to prioritize (you make lists and get things checked off)
• Able to manage client relationships and build productive working relationships with team members.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 171000BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: IT Release Manager/Scrum Master –Risk IT Delivery team
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States - New Jersey
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)