UBS Financial Services Investment Analytics - Software Engineer Java/ Service developer in Weehawken, New Jersey
This is role is responsible for design & development of the Investment Analytics platform leveraging open source tools & technologies like Cassandra, Titan (GraphDB), Kafka, Elastic Search, NoSQL, REST Services, Node.js, Spring, React/Redux for UI etc. A ideal candidate must have following
Strong understanding & experience in programming languages like Java, Scala, Python, Java Script, exposure to various application frameworks like React, Spring etc
Strong understanding & experience with at least one relational database and exposure to NoSQL databases. Experience working with large data sets.
Experience working with distributed systems, clustering, and replication technologies.
Well versed with development toolkits like Maven, GIT, Continues Integration suites, automated deployments, JIRA, Wiki.
· Working with solution architect & business analysts to define implementation design & coding of the assigned modules/responsibilities with highest quality (bug free).
· Determining technical approaches to be used, and defining the appropriate methodologies
· Must be capable of working in a collaborative, multi-site environment to support rapid development and delivery of results and capabilities (i.e. AGILE SDLC)
· Effectively communicating technical analyses, recommendations, status, and results to project management team.
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
UBS Asset Management's growth strategy requires a highly scalable and robust global operating platform for effective and efficient investment research, low organizational complexity, ability to grow top line without linear cost growth, and fully align investment with strategic growth priorities. In order to achieve this goal, Asset Management is renovating its front-office technology stack to. AM Investment Domain Data Program will create a competitive advantage for the business through unique and adaptive data, analytics & research capabilities. Current AM data architecture is highly fragmented and does not satisfy divisional needs. The objective of AM Investment Domain Data Program is to drive a centralized set of services, with data integrity & governance, high performance, smart analytics & flexibility.
Your experience and skills:
Minimum Required Skills and Education:
· Bachelors (IT/Computer Science Preferred); Master’s Degree preferred (IT/Computer Science Preferred) or equivalent experience
· 5-6 years of industry experience in developing business application using Java, Spring, XML, HTML, Java Script, Node.js, React/Redux.
· Experience in developing highly performant REST Services using any Java, Spring, Node.Js.
· Experience with at least one clustered/distributed computing systems, such as Cassandra (Preferred), HBase, Hadoop/MapReduce, Spark/SparkR, Lucene/ElasticSearch, Storm, Graph Databases etc
· Experience building data pipelines for structured/unstructured, realtime/batch, events/synchronous/asynchronous using MQ, Kafka, Steam processing.
· Strong hands-on experience of programming with Java, Python, Scala etc
· Experience with SQL, NoSQL, relational database design, and methods for efficiently retrieving data for Time Series Analytics.
Experience gathering and processing raw data at scale (including writing scripts, web scraping, calling APIs, write SQL queries, etc.)
· Excellent technical skills – able to effectively lead a technical team of business intelligence and big data developers as well as data analysts.
· Experience in Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Data Science
· Experience with Cloud architecture & service like AWS, Azure
· Experience with Graph, Sematic Web, RDF Technologies
· Experience with Text Analytics using SOLR or ElasticSearch
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 171920BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Investment Analytics - Software Engineer Java/ Service developer
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States - New Jersey
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)