UBS Financial Services Financial Crimes IT Developer, Name Screening in Weehawken, New Jersey
Are you a passionate engineer and solution architect with a strong focus on delivery? Are you experienced with name screening technologies in support of OFAC or other regulatory bodies? We’re looking for someone like that to strengthen our core engineering team:
– Develop and maintain custom API and adapter to support name screening solutions
– Work closely with and advise Business Analysts, Testers and Management on technical matters
– Drive continuous integration and improvements
– Support product management driving the product roadmap
– Oversee infrastructure provisioning and the hardware inventory
– Help to drive standards and guidelines for a globally deployed software solution
– Provide production support
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Compliance & Operational Risk Control IT team based in Weehawken, NJ. Our role is to design and implement innovated IT solutions to help prevent, detect and report on financial crimes and terrorist financing activities. We are a global IT team supporting internal clients throughout the world.
Your experience and skills:
– computer science academic background (bachelor or master degree)
– experience as engineer in a globally distributed team
– financials services IT background, preferably in Financial Crimes/Sanctions space
– experience software integration techniques such as web services
– strong database, data modeling, and data analysis skills
– excellent communication skills and experience in liaising with global compliance teams
– methodology knowhow on how to ensure that project deliverables meet industry best practices
– strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills (you know how to figure things out)
– understanding of a broad range of platforms, technologies and tools, specifically
– a flexible, resilient team player with strong interpersonal skills taking initiative to drive things forward
– able to multitask and work on different projects in parallel, accurate and focused on deliverables
– keen to develop subject matter expertise on our core vendor production and solutions overall
– an excellent communicator who can partner with business experts and end-users who might not be well versed in IT
– fluent in English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 171002BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Financial Crimes IT Developer, Name Screening
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States - New Jersey
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)