UBS Financial Services Data Analyst Lead - Mainframe in Weehawken, New Jersey
• Build data processing pipeline in that collects, connects, centralizes, and curates data from various internal and external data source, and provisions trusted data out to all consumers
• Architect scalable and reliable data engineering solutions for moving data efficiently across systems at near real-time.
• Support and maintain our Hadoop based data hub that will be central source of truth.
• Design, implement, test and deploy data processing infrastructure.
• Collaborate with Head of Engineering for Big Data Service on a roadmap of demand implementation and seek approval from stakeholders on change to these roadmaps
• Research and assess the viability of new processing and data storage technologies.
• Ability to take ownership and get things done in an Agile team setting.
• Help break down, estimate, and provide just-in-time design for small increments of work.
• Work in partnership and collaborate with Data Governance Organization, CTO and Infrastructure Services
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
We are a team of open minded, highly motivated and forward thinking professionals who care about strategy and quality. We are accountable for what we do and have a full say in how we do things. We embody all of this in our everyday work to ensure our software has the highest quality and \"value to customer\" at its heart. You will be cooperating with multiple teams located in US and in India working on a strategic data architecture platform. We are the central data hub for core WMA data, the single version of the truth, providing data for downstream processing, reporting and analytics. All teams are highly skilled and capable in Big Data and ETL technologies. You will collaborate closely with the Business, the office of the CDO, CTO, Quality Assurance and IT professionals. This initiative has a very high profile and is recognized to be a core component of our business strategy over the next three years. You will be based in the UBS office in Weehawken, NJ. If you love data, new technologies and innovation, then this position if for you.
Your experience and skills:
• Proven knowledge of Big data technologies – Hadoop, Cloudera, Spark, Impala, Kafka, Scala, and Informatica BDM
• Demonstrated track record of executing on IT change and transformation programs focusing on developing and supporting organizational competency across applications and infrastructure.
• Strong and proven leadership qualities; excellent communication skills
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Manage throughput of projects, maximize benefits, manage risks/issues, confirm progress of delivery, control budget and track benefits.
• Must be comfortable working in an open, highly collaborative team environment
• Collaborate and integrate with existing, related and underpinning services. In particular, the Big Data CoE team will partner with the UBS BDaaS function, which will be responsible for the instituting and supporting the Big data community across the enterprise.
• 5+ years of Big Data technologies
• 10+ years of professional software experience, including having exposure to big data technologies
• Bachelors in Computer Science / related field or equivalent work experience.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 176559BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Data Analyst Lead - Mainframe
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States - New Jersey
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)