UBS Financial Services Corporate Lending IT Oracle Software Engineer in Weehawken, New Jersey
Are you a master of Oracle and PL/SQL? Are you passionate about database development, modelling and performance? We’re looking for someone like that who can:
– develop the database-layer of a large-scale rich internet platform in collaboration with business analysts, web developers and quality assurance (QA) professionals
– keep a sharp focus on database design, security and performance
– share knowledge across the whole development community
– take pride in the quality of delivered software products and services (this is what drives you)
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in a new Corporate Lending IT team based out of Wroclaw. The immediate role will be to get involved with the loan simplification project, which will consolidate and remediate the major loans platforms and architecture. This is a multiyear program of work which will involve working with cutting edge technology and engaging F2B across multiple teams and groups
Your experience and skills:
– excellent knowledge of Oracle 11gR2 PL/SQL and SQL (including analytic functions)
– exposure to multiple Oracle databases and applications through working for several companies as a full-time Oracle database developer
– expertise with real-time applications to deliver complex result sets within sub-second response times
– experience of data modelling a new application, and extending an existing application
– the ability to articulate data modelling concepts and explain their application to address design requirements
– a very clear understanding of which Oracle features can, and should be leveraged for any given design challenge
– an understanding why design choices directly influence resilience and performance, taking into account Oracle's capabilities and weaknesses
– PL/SQL skills which are second to none, particularly around dynamic SQL, database objects, and performance-enhancing features from successive Oracle versions
– proficiency in identifying sub-optimal database operations using an analytical approach to remediate issues (e.g. via query plan analysis, PL/SQL debugger, SQL tracing, etc.)
– adaptable, able to work across teams, functions and applications
– enthusiastic, self-motivated and client-focused
– analytical and methodical, using evidence to solve problems
– a strong communicator, fluent in English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 171453BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Corporate Lending IT Oracle Software Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States - New Jersey
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)