UBS Financial Services Business Risk Manager- Corporate and Institutional Advisory Solutions in Weehawken, New Jersey
Are you able to work with different businesses to monitor and improve the front to back control structure? Are you efficient and well organized?
The Business Risk Manager will drive front-to-back operating effectiveness for the CIAS organization, as well as perform key supervisory activities. S/he will be responsible for driving a culture of thoughtful risk mitigation across the organization as well as supporting execution of operational risk management activities including the identification, assessment, measurement, mitigation and monitoring of key risks. Additionally, s/he will drive a strong partnership with legal & compliance partners to ensure the CIAS organization is aligned with current policies and the future landscape.
· Work across CIAS business areas to proactively drive culture of risk awareness, self-identification or issues and proactive mitigation
· Maintain a deep understanding of CIAS integration points within WM USA to effectively drive identification of forward-looking risks and sustainable solutions.
· Support all business risk and control related matters including ORI creation & mitigation, KPC maintenance and assessments, risk metrics & driving annual RCSA completion.
· Collaborates with executives and managers to create, sustain and strengthen UBS's internal control framework through risk and control identification and control design and implementation.
· Provides guidance, training and motivation necessary to create risk and control awareness, ownership and accountability by all business areas within CIAS organization.
· Execute Operational Risk submissions, lead project management for tracking of ongoing risk mitigation, and fully brief business heads for risk meetings
· Oversees and leads regular Internal Control Assessment meetings with business aligned risk managers, ensuring risk issues are appropriately highlighted and escalated¬
· Represents CIAS in cross-divisional initiatives and business as usual activities, including regulatory reporting, records management, end user application governance, vendor management, business continuity management
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You will be working on the CAO team that oversees the operating environment across CIAS, driving strong partnerships with key corporate center functions.
This role has a direct reporting line to the CAO and supports the CIAS Head in ensuring that the organization operates in a well governed and effectively risk managed, controlled environment. You will collaborate with various stakeholders within and outside of the CIAS business area across WM USA and GWM.
The successful candidate will build strong working relationships across the CIAS and will lead partnerships with key support functions including COO, Risk, Compliance, Legal and Audit.
Your experience and skills:
· 5-10 years of financial services industry/technology experience. Several years Internal control, risk management or project management experience
· Ability to problem solve, and evaluate issues/problems of high complexity to make sound decisions.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, and ability to package information at a high level
· Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
· Strong project management, analytical skills and understanding of processes
· Experience with regulatory compliance, systems project management and consulting preferred.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 172572BR
Business Divisions: Wealth Management Americas
Title: Business Risk Manager- Corporate and Institutional Advisory Solutions
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States - New Jersey
Function Category: Risk