UBS Financial Services Business Analyst in Weehawken, New Jersey
Do you understand importance of data as a business driver? Do you share a passion for data, analytics and reporting? We’re looking for someone like that to support the Data Governance and Data Architecture implementation at Wealth Management USA.
– Engage Data Stewards, Data Owners, and business SMEs to define Key Data Elements (KDEs), business rules and data quality controls
– Create and maintain various data assets in the Enterprise Data Governance tool
– Profile and analyze data to develop insights and enable requirement gathering
– Define and document data quality requirements for Key Data Elements (KDEs)
– Work with IT to translate business requirements into technical specifications
– Define test cases, perform the user acceptance testing liaising with the test manager , QA and development throughout the release process
– Drive data quality monitoring and remediation process
– Build strong relationships with stakeholders to ensure timely and high quality delivery
– Communicate the importance of managing data as an asset in all aspects of the role
– Produce required artifacts and report the status to the WM USA Data Governance office
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working as part of the Chief Data Officer Office at Wealth Management USA. Our mission is to enable better business intelligence and decisions through data that is accessible, trusted and understood.
– Business analysis and data wrangling (transforming and mapping) experience
– Solid knowledge of data management principles and processes
– Hands on knowledge of data analysis, data profiling with SQL, IDQ or any other tools
– Experience with data root cause analysis and cross functional resolution of data issues
– Ability to break down complex problems into components, identify root causes, and establish resolution plans
– Excellent presentation and communication (orally and written) skills
– Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word
– 5+ years of business analyst experience with 3+ years in the data related projects
– Ability to effectively communicate complex concepts
– Ability to adapt to change and to detect and respond to evolving business needs
– Excellent communicator, with great interpersonal skills
– Analytical and logical
– Highly motivated self-starter with ability to work independently and creatively as well as within a team
– Team player, collaborative and inclusive
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 180849BR
Business Divisions: Global Wealth Management
Title: Business Analyst
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States - New Jersey
Function Category: Management and Business Support