UBS Financial Services 10b5-1 Product Specialist in Weehawken, New Jersey
The Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC) Rule 10b-5 prohibits corporate insiders from trading securities of a corporation while in possession of material non-public information. However, SEC Rule 10b5-1 provides an exception to this general prohibition by permitting trading by a corporate insider provided it is done in accordance with the instructions of a pre-defined trading plan. 10b5-1 trading plans allow corporate insiders an opportunity to diversify concentrated equity positions while providing an affirmative defense against potential insider trading litigations. The 10b5-1 group enlists a dedicated team of Product Specialists, Traders, and Operations Staff with the skills and knowledge to manage the plans through each phase of the 10b5-1 Life Cycle: creation, execution, reporting, and settlement. The group has administered over 10,000 customized Trading Plans for 500 corporate clients across multiple industries since its inception in 2001.
• As a 10b5-1 Product Specialist, your primary responsibilities are to work with Corporate Executives and their UBS advisors to advise, create, and implement their 10b5-1 Trading Plans.
• You will work as part of a small team with the tools and resources needed to guide our clients and advisors on how to devise a trading schedule to achieve their financial goals (such as liquidity or diversification).
• Prepare and Facilitate Presentations with Financial Advisors in order to onboard prospective Clients and/or Issuers.
• Act as liaison between UBS and Issuer's counsel to negotiate legal changes to our10b5-1 contract.
• Review and reconcile Daily Trade Reports to ensure our client's orders are executed as designed.
• Ensure our client's trades comply with all applicable securities laws such as Rule 144, 10b5-1 and 10b-18.
• Report key metrics to Senior Management in Capital Markets and our internal Business Partners ( such as EPAS, BDG, and Field Management).
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
The 10b5-1 Group is a dedicated team comprised of plan administrators, traders and operations specialists responsible for administration, execution and settlement of the trading plans, as well as same-day reporting of transactions executed under the plans.
• Effective communicator (written and verbal) who can interface with Financial Advisors, clients, prospects, and all levels of management.
• Strong MS Office Skills – Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
• The ability to multi-task, prioritize, problem solve, and pay close attention to details.
• Ability to handle extremely sensitive information appropriately given the high profile of our clients and their need for privacy.
• A deep understanding of the markets and the ability to develop complex trading strategies to achieve specific goals
• Understanding of complex Equity Compensation Plans through our daily interactions with Equity Plan Advisory Service Group (EPAS).
• The experience and confidence to work closely with Ultra High Net Worth Clientele
• Obtain a strong understanding of various Securities Laws and Contracts that very few professionals in the industry possess.
• Due to the high profile nature of our clientele and their complex trading and legal requirements, this role will require you to work in an exciting and fast-paced environment in order to meet these challenges daily.
• Active Series 7 and 66
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 174225BR
Business Divisions: Global Wealth Management
Title: 10b5-1 Product Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States - New Jersey
Function Category: Product Management and Development