UBS Financial Services Junior Java Developer in Poland
Job Reference #:
Are you passionate about technology? Do you have a curious nature, always interested in making improvements and how to innovate? We’re looking for someone like that to help us:
– With Java and distributed computing development and testing efforts addressing level 3 maintenance and support activities
– Analyze business requirements, design and implement solutions based on a well-defined software development life cycle (SDLC)
– Provide high quality technology solutions that address business needs within a complex business domain
– Take pride in the quality of delivered software products and services
Junior Java Developer
Country / State:
Information Technology (IT)
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Why UBS? Video
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Level 3 IT Production Maintenance & Operations team in Wroclaw, PL. You'll be an integral part of a global team working with associates located in India, Poland and North Americas. We …
• Own Level 3 IT Production Maintenance & Operations efforts that \"Run the Bank\"
• Are a Technology Function fully dedicated to supporting the Wealth Management Americas (WMA) Business and its IT Application Service Lines
• Are a metrics driven organization governed by a set of mature KPIs and Processes
Your experience and skills:
– 2-3 years' hands-on in the development, design, maintenance and integration of distributed computing solutions end-to-end specifically in core Java programming with Struts, Spring and Hibernate technologies
– Core Java programming, Struts, Springs framework experience
– Experience with SQL and connection pooling
– Exposure to HTML
– Experience working with complex applications with multiple stakeholders in a fast paced environment globally
– Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, you like to figure out how things work
– Solid design, coding, testing and debugging skills
– Exposure to production/operations support
– Experience with the full software development life cycle including both traditional waterfall and agile methodologies
– Experience improving older code bases as well as in using modern design patterns
– Strong written and verbal communication skills in English, and the desire to work together with our global stakeholders
– Excellent research, investigation and evaluation skills
– Proactive, keeping stakeholders well informed of development effort status
– Comfortable working in dynamic environments with fast-paced deliveries and changing requirements
– Process oriented and have worked in an onshore-offshore model
– Expected to work interdependently, collaborate, negotiate
– Expected to effectively interact with both technical and non-technical personnel
– Skilled at recognizing system deficiencies and implementing effective solutions
– Expected to drive and ensure code quality, UT and SIT testing guidelines and procedures are met
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?