UBS Financial Services Client Onboarding Specialist in Tokyo, Japan
Are you incredibly organized with an eye for detail? Do you have a high client service orientation and a high risk awareness? We're looking for someone like that to:
– work on onboarding cases across for the Japan Wealth Management franchise
– advise and explain KYC requirements and handhold the client or client advisor through the onboarding and account opening process
– help maintain and update key MIS data, which will be used for pipeline management and prioritization of cases – help support the process of EOD controls for request log and exception closure
– act as a client relationship manager; be responsible for timely reply on client queries
– facilitate exceptional handling on risk-based approach, and coordinate with Business and Compliance for signoff
– act as the final control point prior to account opening, including (but not limited to) review of all documentation, internal sign-offs, background checks, risk analysis, client sophistication, signature verification and more
– work with other teams, including client static data, to ensure document records and evidencing are complete
– navigate UBS onboarding systems to look for client data, and able to perform data analytics to understand what the client is entitled to trade, and to respond to various queries
– think flexibly to propose new ideas and contribute to continuous improvement of processes and services
– learn and become an expert in RPA (robotics process automation)
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You'll be working in the Client Lifecycle Service Team in Japan. We act as the control point for all KYC and due diligence on the Japan-based Wealth Management clients in line with local/international regulatory and tax requirements, and UBS group policies. The scope of work includes liaising with clients, businesses, internal stakeholders to ensure that the account can be opened upon completion of KYC. You are at the center of the execution of onboarding requirements and you will act as a business enabler to help UBS generate revenue
Your experience and skills:
– strong experience in client service (ideally in banking)
– highly proactive and diligent in follow up and follow through. Client focused, organized at bundling of requests and sensible on turnaround time
– understanding of KYC/AML and have a general sense of risk awareness. Risk conscious with emphasis on sensitive data sharing
– a self-starter
– skilled in written and verbal communications. Can collaborate well with different functions and have the ability to manage stakeholder expectation
– a dedicated team player with a can-do attitude and eagerness to learn
– interested in working smarter, rather than working long hours
– interested in giving back to the community via participating in community affairs activities
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 168745BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Client Onboarding Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Japan
Function Category: Operations