UBS Financial Services Product Manager in Asset Management in Taipei, Taiwan
• Oversee all functions pertaining to the creation of new products with the overall goal of ensuring that the products are successfully designed, priced, positioned, launched, promoted and supported in a way that will generate sales and lead to increased and profitable assets under management for the Taiwan business
• Regularly meet with client coverage teams and where appropriate distributor gatekeepers to identify product gaps, discuss new product ideas and manage existing products on shelf
• Analyze ideas for new investment strategies and potential products generated by the investment and distribution areas and provide supported opinions regarding success potential and overall positioning within the industry and the framework of existing UBS product strategies. In addition to crystallizing product ideas that are generated from other areas, the Product Manager is also expected to incubate ideas
• Maintain existing products sponsored by Taiwan business and resolve any post-launch issues; maintain communication with investments and distribution to ensure the continued viability of the products and to monitor the need for adjustments in current strategies
• Stay abreast of the competitive landscape and industry trends in order to help the investment and sales areas position products properly in conjunction with their ongoing strategies; undertake fund-specific as well as firm-level competitive analyses to support marketing activities and overall product strategy formulation
• Work with the offshore fund registration team for local registrations of offshore UBS products in close coordination with distribution and local Legal and Compliance teams
• Responsible for the on-going operation of Taiwan sponsored fund and fund umbrellas
• Support the APAC product teams in other regional projects
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
Taiwan Products, APAC Products and Taiwan business
Your experience and skills:
• A strong capital markets pedigree with experience in Taiwan or Asia Pacific financial industry, ideally supported by a background as investment strategist, or product manager within an asset management business, investment bank, or other capital markets-related organization
• Minimum 10 years of experience in Product Development and Management with strong focus on Taiwan or Asia wholesale and institutional business with multiple distribution partners
• Knowledge across a broad spectrum of investment capabilities including equity, fixed income, multi-asset and alternative products
• Familiar with the general legal and regulatory framework for Taiwan and Luxembourg (Ireland, Cayman fund vehicles or other Asia domicile a plus)
• Gravitas and Thought Leadership – He/she needs to establish credibility with internal stakeholders quickly and sustainably. It is critical therefore that he or she is passionate about the markets and able to think like a portfolio manager, challenge the status quo, form opinions, as well as initiate stimulating discussions around market developments and what they mean for clients and the firm
• Communication and Influencing Skills – He/she needs to be able to communicate thought processes and build consensus, coupled with an independence of mind and pragmatism
• Commercial Acumen – He/she will have a track record in working closely with senior stakeholders, be it in an advisory or a business development capacity, and have experienced the investment business throughout different cycles. He/she will understand the structures, decision-making and thought processes of different client segments and have a perspective on how first class client strategic thinking influences product and, ultimately, business development
• Excellent proficiency in English and Mandarin, Cantonese a plus
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 169067BR
Business Divisions: Asset Management
Title: Product Manager in Asset Management
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Republic of China Taiwan
Function Category: Product Management and Development