UBS Financial Services Equities Financial Controller in Sydney, Australia
Do you like working closely with the Business, are great with numbers and like investigating? We are looking for someone that can help us with:
– perform P&L and Balance Sheet analytical reviews to provide assurance of the financials based on the business understanding
– review impact assessment of key controls and deliverables from relevant functions across the firm, challenge and escalate material control exceptions and trends
– be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) contact for intra Group Finance and a diverse range of stakeholders across multiple business nodes
– understand global Capital, RWA, LRD, as well as local regulatory requirements to provide quality value added advisory service to business
– identify design and operating gaps to provide expertise into tactical and strategic controls remediation for sustainable performance
– represent Finance in cross-functional governance forums covering various Business, Regional and Entity dimensions
– manage rollouts of business and regulatory driven projects in APAC region in run-the-bank user capacity
– provide support to New Business Initiatives ensuring proper governance within the accounting requirements framework
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You will be working in the Australia Finance Team, alongside staff who work in multiple areas of Finance including Tax, Treasury, Regulatory reporting and Change management. Your team is Financial control Services (FCS), a dynamic and diverse team of finance professionals. The FCS team provides front‐to‐back services, oversight and management of financial data to create a strong and robust financial control stewardship and framework. The team is part of the Group Finance organization
Your experience and skills:
– a bachelor degree or above, with CA or CFA qualification
– investment banking / equities product knowledge
– 5+ years work experience preferably within the Banking / Finance area
– experience with investment bank, regulatory reporting and project management is a plus
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 170715BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Equities Financial Controller
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Australia
Function Category: Finance