UBS Financial Services Senior PPNR Model Validation Specialist in Stamford, Connecticut
Are you an experienced professional that enjoys developing or validating Balance Sheet and PPNR Models? Do you know CCAR PPNR modeling and how to validate models effectively? We’re looking for someone like you to:
• Full validation of all CCAR \"Estimation Approach\" for balance and PPNR projections, including but not limited to on-balance sheet and off balance sheet balances, expenses, Net Interest Income, Non Interest Revenue, transfer pricing etc. The Estimation Approaches will include Quantitative Models, Qualitative Estimates and Overlays. Validation will include review of the data, code and documentation from the model developers, replicate the code, attempt to enhance the Estimation Approaches, document the validation report etc.
• Conceptual Soundness: In case an Estimation Approach cannot be fully validated due to other prioritization, a Conceptual Soundness review of the Estimation Approaches is required. Please refer to SR 15-18 and SR 11-7 for more background on Conceptual Soundness
• Review of Remediation of Signoff Conditions: The team will be responsible to review the remediation work done by the model development teams to ensure that the issues raised by MRMC are remediated.
• Review of Implementation of the models: One key aspect of Model Validation is the review of model implementation. This is specifically being called out here as in many case, the focus of independent validation is on the methodology. However for MRMC US, the emphasis in validation is equally on methodology and implementation of those Estimation Approaches.
• Review of Model monitoring and confirmations: While the first three above are applicable for newly developed and redeveloped models, other Estimation Approaches will require annual confirmations (often referred to as model monitoring) to ensure that the model risk is within the Bank's Risk Appetite. This team will be required to perform this.
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You will join the Balance and PPNR Model Risk team (BPPNR), we are a medium sized team based in both Stamford, CT and Weehawken, NJ. Our team is responsible for risk model management and validation across all business lines at UBS.
Your experience and skills:
Achieved the VP title equivalent at a reputable financial institution in a statistical or quantitative role
5+ years of experience in developing or validating Balance Sheet and PPNR Models
Strong quantitative developing and modelling skills in at least two of the following languages: R, SAS, Matlab and Python
Strong communication and presentation skills coupled with the ability to document validation reports effectively
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 175881BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Senior PPNR Model Validation Specialist
City: Stamford, Weehawken
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States - Connecticut, United States - New Jersey
Function Category: Risk