UBS Financial Services Market Risk Quantitative Analyst – Market Risk Methodology in Stamford, Connecticut
Are you interested in financial markets? Are you knowledgeable in quantitative risk modeling and statistical data analysis? Do you enjoy working in a specialized team to develop and deliver solutions? Then we are looking for someone like this to join our team and to:
– Advance the methodologies and parameterization for measuring Value-at-Risk (VaR).
– Develop, improve, and participate in the periodic recalibration process of the VaR model.
– Contribute to the development of the market risk capture framework required by the new FRTB regulation.
– Collaborate closely with Risk IT in improving the market risk measurement platform, and in implementing model changes.
– Participate in methodically testing new implementations in the VaR measurement system.
– Deliver consistently on the full cycle of model development, implementation, validation, analysis, and model documentation, and obtaining model confirmation from the model risk control team.
– Contribute to analyses and responses demanded by internal and external parties (e.g. regulators, audit).
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You will be working as a market risk quantitative analyst in the Market Risk Methodology team within the Risk Methodology department at UBS, in the Stamford, Connecticut, US location. The team is responsible for developing and maintaining the VaR model and the market risk measurement framework of UBS. The team collaborates closely with colleagues from other departments, such as Risk IT, Market Risk Control, Risk Change, Risk Reporting, Model Risk Management and Control, and occasionally with other units.
The position offers the opportunity to contribute to global initiatives within UBS, interact with colleagues across functions and locations, and gain a good understanding of financial products in a global bank portfolio, as well as the regulatory requirements in the market risk area. You will contribute to the success of a small and dynamic team of specialized professionals with a global presence. We will offer you an environment geared towards individual and team performance, and an open collaborative culture that values the contribution of every individual.
Your experience and skills:
– Master's degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g. Financial Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, Operations Research)
– Strong analytical skills and strong knowledge of quantitative risk models, financial engineering and derivatives valuation techniques.
– Strong coding skills in the statistical software R. Competency in SQL. Knowledge of other programming languages and database design is a plus.
– Competency in working with large data sets, time series analysis, statistical analysis, outlier detection, regression models.
– Ability to write technical documentation. Familiarity with LaTeX document creation.
– Strong communication skills and ability to explain technical topics to a varied audience.
– Capable to apply theoretical and technical knowledge to solve practical problems.
– Detail oriented, accurate, concise in delivering your assignments.
– Willing and able to work collaboratively and share knowledge with your team.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 175411BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Market Risk Quantitative Analyst – Market Risk Methodology
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States - Connecticut
Function Category: Risk